Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right that's it. I've had enough.

It was snowing when I left the house thins morning. I had to get the bike and tape up a loose wire before putting my gloves on. That meant my hands were cold.

Then what with the stop start commute my fingers were constantly reaching for the clutch so they never got time to warm up on the grips. I was past the Elephant and Castle before I started to feel warm all the way through.

Can somebody tell whoever is in charge of the weather that the joke's wearing a bit thin now. I'd prefer a couple of weeks of solid rain than this.

·
Ninja Thread Hijacker
2,978 Posts
Right that's it. I've had enough.......... I'd prefer a couple of weeks of solid rain than this.
OH FFS Chris !!! steady on!! let's not be too hasty now :rolleyes:

L

·
0 Posts
Got a thin layer of snow building up as I type.. Why the hell did I leave SA for this :rolleyes:

·
Bling Tastic Transalp
1,362 Posts
I though I was seeing things this morning ....

The SUN ,, thats what my wife called it.. :blob3::error:

Have not seen it for so long I had forgotten....

Anyways , maybe it will melt the ice..

·
Stone Crazy
5,310 Posts
cold when i left home at 8.15 to meet another guyfrom the RD club, but thermal gloves etc and adrenalin pumping 2 stroke TDR 250 kept me warm, had a brekky in sainsburys with him sun came out warmed things up, 2 stroke howl took over and had a bl*ody good thrash all the way home,
merv

·
2 bikes = twice as happy
4,354 Posts
Its been lovely weather in the north west the past few days - cold and crisp at night but sunny in the day and relatively warm in the sun even. The roads mostly dry out during the day too.:cool:

Not often I can gloat about the weather in the North West :D I am sure it won't last.

I am fed up with wearing 4 jackets to keep warm:mad:

·
luddite
1,814 Posts
last couple of days have been really pleasant here & I was starting to think about painting some boats at work (ie actually doing some work lol)but this morning was -4 & it's just started snowing again!:(

·
2 bikes = twice as happy
4,354 Posts
Gloating.....It lasted about 5 minutes - just looked out the window and its snowing But its all blue sky as far as I can see:confused:. Anyway I need to get on my bike and go to another office in Blackpool for a meeting now:p Which means I am getting paid to ride my bike - double win:thumbright:

·
SOTGATT
3,522 Posts
If it's all the same to you lot....I'd like it as uncomfortable as possible on the outside of the 'Rattler'.......:icescream:

·
Serial Scenic Router
1,369 Posts
Right that's it. I've had enough.
....... my hands were cold.

.....my fingers never got time to warm up on the grips......

Can somebody tell whoever is in charge of the weather that the joke's wearing a bit thin now. I'd prefer a couple of weeks of solid rain than this.

cough cough....... Southern Fairy!......cough cough :D:D

·
Registered
779 Posts
Lovely and sunny, and then snowing.

Currently lovely and sunny, has snowed 3 times today. I mean, seriously ;)

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
I hate it when it gets cold, I actually have to keep stopping to pick up people to take them one stop.
They complain they have been waiting for over an hour for the bus, it takes 5 minutes to walk the distance, I past the bus in front of me at the correct place which means it is on time at 30 minutes ahead.
If they were in that much of a hurry they could get cabby to take them.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
It is Snowing again.
I am really getting fed up with it now.

·
Bloody furriner
5,009 Posts
Cold I can handle. Wet I can handle. This too shall pass...

It's the combination that's an arse. Ice I can't handle. Well up to a point I can, it's amazing how far you can get with a bit of patience in 1st gear and both feet planted... But after a while the landrovers will get impatient and start sniffing my behind, leading to...

I've already killed one pannier last week when I hit some even icier stuff, so well skittish now. It's amazing how a Zega crumples up when the tail flips out and you stick a pannier in the ground at 10 mph, and you can't ever get them to close up properly again.

Time for some new panniers. Shame about the stickers... :rolleyes:

So yeah. Enough already!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts