Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I will wash it I promise!
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
. . . . .and i quite like it!

It's nice and comfy once you get the hand of the riding position, it's got enough oomph for me - but i can see why people used to sportsbikes or who simply need 200bhp could get frustrated!

the handling is fine once you figure out how to ride it (i.e. not like a vara!)

and the best bit is simply riding along thinking - oh yeah i'm on a harley!

. . .but it does make me look like donkey kong!

why can't they make proper man sized bikes?????????????

Z:cool:

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Gt to be honest Zed the Harley is always one bike that turns my head when it goes chuggin by the engine sound is stunning, one day I would love one but strictly for a summers day havin a cruise:thumbup:
Mate has just sold his GSX1400 to get a Road King after doin Route 66 last year it awesome but I wouldnt want to clean it if it rains:D Sounds the biz to me, plenty dont like them and plenty do, the only thing I couldnt do is dress like some ex hells angel wannabe

·
Born to Slide
1,741 Posts
There is one really big advantage in borrowing an 883 - yes you can give it back .......
Sorry couldnt resist that one!

·
Registered
388 Posts
All you need to do is keep the revs up, change gear often and its fine gassing it around the country roads :thumbup: ..and for your size slap on some foreward controls. Oh yeah and leave those saddlebags at home :D

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
im not so sure about the race bike gear i think the pirate look goes better with the harleys .:D who every taught of the whole pirate thing anyway its very funny . its way cooler that the harley davidson labled every thing jacket helmet t shirt sweat shirt jeans gloves shades watch belt wallet socks underpants aftershave moisturiser lip balm hair gel and the best one i ever heard a cup of harley-davidson coffee . a lad i know who rides a bmw r1150r went into a harley dealer in new york and bought 2 cans of the stuff he liked it said it was very strong (20w50 ) . when he told me i cracked up .

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I'd buy a Harley after riding a Fatbob to Sturgis 4yrs ago, & the Great Ocean Road in OZ a couple of years ago but the place to ride one is the USA, big roads wide open spaces & everyone has one.
Unfortunately in the UK owning a Harley says steal me, but that's my opinion.
Hope you enjoyed the experience I know I certainly did !

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
I'd buy one, we hired a couple in Vegas, we had a FatBoy first on one trip then a RoadKing on another, great fun out there around LV and down the strip and also people asking at the Hover Dam if they could have their picture taken with it, oh and they were Brits asking for their pics to be taken:D:D::D

·
Registered
388 Posts
Surprising what you can do to a Sportster if you put your mind to it :thumbup:

Round a mates helping out with his hardtail springer converted Sportster :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts