Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought 2003 Transalp a couple of days ago (first bike at 43), 8,000 miles but needs a service. Leaving it at a friend's for a few days until I sit my test.

I'm sure I saw a Transalp recently with a U-lock under the rear tray rather than under the seat - very handy - but I hadn't bought the Transalp at the time and didn't note the make/model - can anyone confirm/advise? I believe you can get U-bolts to fit to a top box fitting but I'm sure this one was fitted directly to the tray.

I'd also like to protect the bike in case I drop it, is there any crash bars or mushrooms anyone could suggest to fit?

Cheers, David

·
TV boffin
328 Posts
I fitted SW MoTech crash bars to my 650 TA - as supplied as standard "Honda" crash bars in some countries (but not UK). They're good.

Somebody on this site is supposed to be linking my "how to fit Motech crash bars" photos and guide soon.

In the meantime, it's in this thread

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks severs

Sounds like SW Mo-tech are just the job and not too difficult to fit. Fitting notes are comprehensive!

Cheers, David

·
Premium Member
4,354 Posts
I'm sure I saw a Transalp recently with a U-lock under the rear tray rather than under the seat - very handy - but I hadn't bought the Transalp at the time and didn't note the make/model - can anyone confirm/advise? I believe you can get U-bolts to fit to a top box fitting but I'm sure this one was fitted directly to the tray.
I'd be interested to know if u find a good wa of carring your U-lock. I have got an Abus Granit from the '80's and cant find an eas wa to carr it except in the top box, but I don't keep that on all the time.

·
Registered
832 Posts
There is a place on the rear carrier of my '99 TA for a U lock, but I don't know if you have to get a particular make? Does look like a handy way to carry a lock if you've got one

·
Premium Member
4,354 Posts
ChrisHXS said:
There is a place on the rear carrier of my '99 TA for a U lock, but I don't know if you have to get a particular make? Does look like a handy way to carry a lock if you've got one
sorr, I have a 2001 650 and haven't needed the lockfor some time.

I used to have a carrier that fitted behind the number plate but seem to have mislaid it. It wasn't ver good anwa as it didn't hold the lock tight and half wa round a decent corner it would slide giving an interesting shove to the back of the bike - an R80ST at the time.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I only know the Touratech and Hepco&Becker crash bars, and from those 2 the Toura is the better. I saw someone fall with Hepco and it was quite bended onto the body. Where with all my hard falls my Touratech crash bars did not even move a ince.

There might be others as well, bet I only have experience of those 2.

·
Registered
443 Posts
ChrisHXS said:

Aaaaah - I'd wondered what that was for! Makes sense now - Cheers! :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts