Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As most will know I have bought a beauuuuutiful Transalp XL650 from MarkR.
It's now done 4040 and needs its first service. I tried J2 but they couldn't fit it in til mid July so I have grudgingly booked it in with Bournemouth Honda.
(Bit of history there, feel that I could have been on this gorgeous machine 2 years ago if the salesman had made more effort to convince me and had more faith in his products.
I don't diss people lightly - but twice I've been there and twice come away feeling disillusioned:(:(:( .)
Main thing is I have RUBY now and she is such an ACE bit of kit.
Anyone had dealings re servicing there? I have time to cancel!!!!! RAVEN you are local-ish you been there for servicing?

·
Golam Rosewater
1,444 Posts
Congrats on the new bike, I take it RUBY is a red one.

Enjoy the bike and ride safe, sorry, well out of my area for servicing info

·
Site Admin
2,420 Posts
CANCEL CANCEL CANCEL......................why give them your business when they have treated you so shoddily?

They couldn't even be arsed to sort you out a low seat to try.........and J2 bent over backwards to help you out with your choice of bike and test rides AND your bike will be serviced by Honda's award winning top spannerman Lee.

Your bike isn't that desperate for a service that it can't wait until mid July.........I'd rather wait a few weeks and know that it'll be serviced correctly and with attention to detail, rather than by a dealer who has no interest in aftersales and treats it's potential customers like they do.

C'mon Heather...........you know it makes sense :rolleyes:

·
DILLIGAF
1,685 Posts
I had my bike serviced there about 3 weeks (4000 mile service), and can't grumble really. I have heard alot of bad things about them, including from Chunk, so was a bit apprehensive to have my bike serviced there, but to be honest there was nothing bad that happened. The bike went in dirty and they had cleaned it (well 90% of it anyway :p), I got the bike back on time and they definatly changed the oil filter they charged me for, so nothing to complain about, but neither have they don anything special (yet). As long as they keep doing what they are supposed to I am more than happy to keep going there :thumbleft:.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
CANCEL CANCEL CANCEL......................why give them your business when they have treated you so shoddily?

They couldn't even be arsed to sort you out a low seat to try.........and J2 bent over backwards to help you out with your choice of bike and test rides AND your bike will be serviced by Honda's award winning top spannerman Lee.

Your bike isn't that desperate for a service that it can't wait until mid July.........I'd rather wait a few weeks and know that it'll be serviced correctly and with attention to detail, rather than by a dealer who has no interest in aftersales and treats it's potential customers like they do.

C'mon Heather...........you know it makes sense :rolleyes:
You know you are right! I like to make sure I look after my toys which is why I wanted the service done ASAP but what you have said is TOTALLY TRUE!

Will cancel tomorrow. Wasn't happy to give them my money and if I go to J2 I can spend the day in West Quay........ TREAT TIME!:icescream::toothy4:

·
Site Admin
2,420 Posts
........ Wasn't happy to give them my money and if I go to J2 I can spend the day in West Quay........ TREAT TIME!:icescream::toothy4:
Oh **** - that's gonna be an expensive service.............:D :D :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
I live in Bournemouth, but took an RD07 to J2 in April to have a 33bhp restrictor kit fitted after speaking with Annette & Jonathan & Mel about Lee, so its only 30mins ish up the road for peace of mind. - it is touring in Germany at the moment.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts