Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I checked the usual forums to see if anyone was going out for a quick run today, nothing to be seen! Oh well, never mind, I'll go out for a wee run myself,,, after the Star trek film I'm watching. Around 11.30, still in my dressing gown, watching Capt James T Kirk saving the Earth from VGER,,,,, SteveT appears at my lounge window!
You comin for a run? He asks. Give me 30 mins to have a shower and get dressed!
Bikes for the day, me on my old BMW F650ST and SteveT on his old XL600V Transalp. Both shod on offroad tyres. Both cheap hacks just right for the conditions we are facing today.
The Ickle Beemer started right off the button after two weeks buried in snow, impressive! We headed out of Elgin heading for Dallas. The road had snow on it so following the car tracks was the way forward. Once at Dallas we headed over the hill to Knockando. A bit of offroad was the order of the day for a photo oportunity, this was short lived by SteveT taking a detour along the road on his side with the old Transalp! We tried going a bit further but it was really hard going and chances are we would both end up off if we continued so we stopped for a quick photo then headed back to the relative safety of the snow covered tar!
Once over the hill to Knockando on Speyside we took a detour down to Carron for a photo stop at both the Imperial and Daluaine distilleries for an ongoing post on another forum which SteveT started last year. On the route home by Aberlour to Rothes we paused briefly to consider a photo stop on the old Craigellachie bridge but the snow was just too much, SteveT found it quite amusing watching me try to get back to the main road! On then to Orton, I was happy to have fitted my Dr Bike heated grips, my hands were starting to get pretty cold! We parted company on the outskirts of Lhandbryde where SteveT lives as we had both said we'd be home in an hour but over two had passed! I headed into Elgin via the Linkwood distillery, home to coffee and a bit of Chrimbo cake!
I just want to thank SteveT for popping round for me and accompanying me on a brilliant adventure in the snow! It was brilliant fun, even if the temp never got above freezing! Thanks Steve, immense fun!
Here's the pics to prove it!

·
it's about an hour......
2,198 Posts
Nice one fella's. Im dying to get back out on my bike but the amount of booze consumed over the last couple of days have put a stop to that. Maybe in a day or so.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts