Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received a pair of braces in the post this morning through the letterbox . I have a pair of black snow boarding /skiing trousers made by a company called parallel I use for a warm layer fantastic bit of kit over the leather pants with the water proof pants over them warm and dry or just pull them on over denim jeans of a summers night when it turns cold they roll up to about 2/3rds the size of a sliced pan of bread and I tie them up with a boot lace so take up very little room in the top box as the weather gets milder . I only paid 30 euro for them a few years ago I use them a lot and they are lasting well .

they come with braces fitted which I find great to keep them up better for swinging the leg over the bike . that got me thinking maybe I could buy some braces for my leather trousers as I am sick of wearing a belt . if I close it tight enough to stop them hanging down around my knees its uncomfortable then when sat on the bike .if I leave it loose enough for comfort they hang down and I have to pull them up before mounting the bike cramping my style . add a base layer ( crane from adli great product that I highly recommend ) and it gets even worse they try to pull my pants down even more .

I just tried them on the trousers today although not on the bike yet . they work a treat no more annoying belt digging into my beer gut threating to cut off the blood flow to my fat little legs and best of all when I sit down like when on the bike it gives a whole other level of comfort . after all these years I found a fantastic bit of kit that's cheap as chips very high quality and improves my comfort greatly . they will work just as well on textile trousers . they only cost £6.95 with free uk delivery . put this in your e bay search bar . PAIR MOTORCYCLE MOTORBIKE RIDER HEAVY DUTY ELASTICATED BRACES,TROUSERS - BLACK . the seller is bikergear1 they arrived very quickly . so if you haven't discovered the great benefits braces offer over belts you should give them a go . at the price it worth buying 2 pairs if you change between leather and textile or commuting and sunday best gear or what ever . :thumbup:

·
Registered
287 Posts
Hi alias....Thanks for the braces ebay suggestion...bought the exact ones...BRILLIANT they are too...dont wear the heavyweight waterproof armoured leggings very often...but these babies may be just the job for keeping them hoisted up where their supposed to be...thanks again for the shove in the right direction, as i rode for 6 hrs in rain two weeks ago in ordinary jeans, soaked through nicely in about 1/4 of an hour so just kept going, and they were in my top box but didn't bother because of the falling down saga...maybe not again now !......

1 - 2 of 2 Posts