Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have made new brakelines for my ol' girl.
I did not want to use the redymade kits from Ebay as i want to keep the pipe piece on the fork, so only way was making them my self with Venhill fittings. I think the result look pretty good, and it make a world of difference to braking capacity.

If any one has a tank like the one on my bike for sale I will be interested as I had a little drop last summer which made the left side look not so good!

Niels DSC_0096_resize.jpg DSC_0097_resize.jpg DSC_0098_resize.jpg DSC_0120_resize.jpg

·
Registered
107 Posts
Very neat finish, I had to look up Venhill fittings, but still couldn't work how they are crimped or attached. What is the pipe piece in the forks that you wanted to keep, the rubber clamp?

I have a tank, wont be much use though, its at the bottom of the earth.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Dommies have a weird system where the hose leaves the M/C goes down to a steel pipe that crosses from R to L and then another hose starts and runs down the L fork leg.
I ripped the lot and fitted a Brembo M/C and Caliper from an SLR along with a 320mm EBC disc.
I just ran the hose directly like most dirt bikes.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes it is a weird system, but i have had braided hose from the master to the caliber and it looked messy, so i chose to cut the squared fitting at the top of the original brakehose off, drill a 6,5 mm hole where the hose was connected and then cut the ring of a Venhill banjo and solder it with Castolin 1802 (silver soldering) to the square fitting. This way i kept the brakeline from top yoke to bottom and got a braided brakeline.

To explain the Venhill system this Youtube will do it best: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2xX8LcbvB8

DSC_0123_resize.jpg DSC_0121_resize.JPG

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts