Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright lads,

I'm giving the brake calipers and the brake system a good cleaning and service. All I have to replace are a few rubber boots. Happy days.

NOW, I want to get braided performance brake lines. I hear with new disks, pads and braided lines the bike stops great!
Is it as simple as buying a set of these?
https://www.ebay.ie/itm/HONDA-XRV75...443813?hash=item2a932729e5:g:NyoAAOSwcj1Z8hoU

Do any of you guys have any suggestions or experience with braided brake lines? What ones should I get?

·
Registered
843 Posts
Do any of you guys have any suggestions or experience with braided brake lines? What ones should I get?
Yes one of he first mods I do if it hasn't been done already. Make sure they are right length for the bike - I ordered this time last year hel front ones for my Transalp 650 and they came a foot or so too long. Even though I'd got them half-price in a Xmas sale they immediately despatched a replacement pair to measurements I made on what was required.

Are you wanting a 'race' (two lines direct to the master reservoir) set up or similar to OEM?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes one of he first mods I do if it hasn't been done already. Make sure they are right length for the bike - I ordered this time last year hel front ones for my Transalp 650 and they came a foot or so too long. Even though I'd got them half-price in a Xmas sale they immediately despatched a replacement pair to measurements I made on what was required.

Are you wanting a 'race' (two lines direct to the master reservoir) set up or similar to OEM?
I was thinking same reservoir and master cylinder then two lines straight down to the calipers. I think it would be clearer setup then the OEM. No messing.
That the setup you are running? How much were yours?

New lines along with the disks would work wonders. The surfaces on my current disks are like waves on a stormy sea!

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Two lines are better

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Two lines are better
I wonder how so.

I made my own brake lines, reusing the original fittings and according to the original configuration. Single line to the lower stay, then split to each fork. All stainless braided lines. There's barely a millimeter or two of engagement on the front brake lever and the braking catches right away. Most brake lines companies don't offer such that configuration most likely because it would cost them more. There tow front lines is not necessarely better for. Just for the manufacturer as they don't have to machine custom splitters.

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
I wonder how so.

I made my own brake lines, reusing the original fittings and according to the original configuration. Single line to the lower stay, then split to each fork. All stainless braided lines. There's barely a millimeter or two of engagement on the front brake lever and the braking catches right away. Most brake lines companies don't offer such that configuration most likely because it would cost them more. There tow front lines is not necessarely better for. Just for the manufacturer as they don't have to machine custom splitters.
I found it much easier to bleed. One of my ATs has a set up like the original with a splitter, the other has two lines and bleeds quicker. Forgot to say Merry Christmas Lee

1 - 9 of 9 Posts