Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hola.

I hope this isn't too much of a newbie question but...

I had a bit of a weird rattle coming from the front end whilst braking on cobble and, on checking, one of my caliper bolts (on my RD04) has gone AWOL

So, my first question - It's these things right? OEM Honda Flange Bolt 8X40 Caliper Hanger - RD04/07/07A (1990 - 03) - Rugged Roads

I'm keen to avoid ordering the wrong ones as I'm in Austria and I don't have the same knowledge of local sources as UK sourced gear not to mention the whole language barrier thing.

Also, I've heard tell that they're stretch bolts whilst should be replaced each and every time they're, well, used (ie calipers off). Do any of you adhere to that?

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
These are not stretch bolts and they don't have any marking on them identifying their grade. These bolts can be reused over and over, as long as they haven't been over torqued.

You can buy some similar bolts locally in a 10.9 or 12.9 grade.

Also, bolts tend to get loose when they are not tighten enough. They just don't drop by themselve.

Send me an email, I'll ship you a set of 12.9 graded bolts with cylinder head (cap screw). For the cost of shipping. ;-)

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Massive - now that I'm more confident of what I am looking for, I'm pretty sure I can source from somewhere a wee bit more local than Montreal - a bloody nice offer though :) If you ever find yourself in Wien, beers on me.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
BTW The thread is quite common. M8x1.25 thread

Lee

·
Registered
371 Posts
The only 'special' thing with the Honda bolts is they come with a green thread lock compound already applied to the bolt. And are a flanged bolt with larger head contact area. As Lee says quite possible to use standard bolts just use some loctite for peace of mind.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts