Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Are there any issues regarding the use of ultra sonic cleaning to remove the crud from around the dust and oil seal recessess?

I have access to one and thought it would get it nice and clean the easy way, but I dont want to damage the caliper.

Any thoughts?

Graeme

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
Hi all

Are there any issues regarding the use of ultra sonic cleaning to remove the crud from around the dust and oil seal recessess?

I have access to one and thought it would get it nice and clean the easy way, but I dont want to damage the caliper.

Any thoughts?

Graeme
Wouldn't have thought so. When stripping the caliper I would try and remove as much brake fluid residue as possible before putting the caliper into the ultrasonic bath - brake fluid is not nice stuff.

Other than give the cleaned caliper a really good going over with brake cleaner after its bath before rebuilding it, should be job jobbed.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Stone Crazy
5,312 Posts
ultrasonic and vapour blasting get things shinier than new , ultrasonic alone gets the crud off , i bought Dave @ tsrvapourblasting,s small ultrasonic cleaner when he upgraded, the one you see in the carb cleaning section of this website, he has also just installed a new blasting cabinet TSR Vapour Blasting Services - Home

1 - 4 of 4 Posts