Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I'm going to be replacing the brake hoses on my Twin, does anyone have any recommendations for which braided hoses to use, I see RR are selling HEL but it looks like they only sell the race set up, any advice gratefully recieved, TIA.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have recently fitted the HEL “race” brake lines - that is an individual line from the master cylinder to each front brake caliper. Getting the routing acceptable was a bit awkward, especially from the handlebars through the cockpit to avoid rubbing on the dash plate fitted to mine. I bought some “P” clips to help hold them in the best routing for me.

·
Registered
2003 Honda XL650V Transalp
308 Posts
I've fitted Goodridge braided stainless lines to 2 of my bikes and in very happy with three results. HEL are a good brand and I would guess that "racing" refers to the improved braking of braided stainless and as mentioned above, individual lines from master cylinder to each front caliper instead of the 3 piece system used standard on these bikes.

·
Commuter Extraordinaire
575 Posts
I fitted HEL hoses to my '02 bike around 10 yrs ago, each brake having it's own hose from the fluid reservoir. After a bit of experimentation I got a decent routing for both hoses. I could post a pic of the routing if it helps, when/if you fit some of your own.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts