Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone fitted a brake light to Mr Honda's top box on the Vara?
If so how?

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
I bought a £4 led stop tail lamp on e bay from china . aliexpress.com is also a good source of wireing products like spade connectors shrink raps spot light switches and what ever . the one I bought don't have any clear panel to light up a licence plate and that includes p&p it took about 3 weeks to get hear . on my transalp 600 its got bullit connectors for tail /stop circuit the light came with bullit connectors . so I was abel to ascertain which wire went where but I had to extend the wires . I used a piece of light guage stainless that already had a right angle fold in it . then just drilled some holes and bolted it on only thing it came with no lock washers so I stuck some on . then I just melted off some plastic coating on the original wires and wraped my new wires around them then used shrink wrap to seal it all up nice and water tight .

I fitted mine to the underside of the carrier as I alternate between panniers or top box but seldom both together . if you fit an auxuraly break light to your top box you could do the same but use a 2 or 3 pin plug so if you want to leave off the box it will make life easier . only thing I would worry about is making holes in the box might let in water ?

my main reason to fit it was to have a back up in case my bulb blows as I only have one stop/tail bulb as standard . im well pleased with it £4 and an evenings playing in the shed :thumbup:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts