Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All. Been a while since I've been on here. It's good to be back! 2 hours later I'm finally getting round to asking my question!
Which are the best front brake pads to get for my buck? Also is it easy to change em? Is there any info around? Also, just been reading the thread about MPG with interest. My 07 650 struggles to get more than about 48 mpg (boo!). It is 33 bhp restricted though and I'm hoping it will inprove when de-restricted ie it will let more air into the mixture. Thoughts?

·
Carpe Diem
28 Posts
Re: breaks n stuff

Front pads are really easy and logical to change, dont force anything thats tight and on rebuild dont overtighten anything

Loads of info on how on this site:thumbleft:

On a different note anyone know how to spot a restricted TA ?? is it based on year of manufacture ?

·
Registered
136 Posts

My 07 650 struggles to get more than about 48 mpg (boo!). It is 33 bhp restricted though and I'm hoping it will inprove when de-restricted ie it will let more air into the mixture. Thoughts?
That's not far my full power 02 650. I worked out the MPG today for the first time and it came in at just under 54MPG. That's mostly commuting to/from work, A and B roads with some motorway thrown in last weekend.

How do they restrict them, is it an aftermarket thing or factory fitted?

·
Registered
12,768 Posts

Most restrictions are either a washer fitted on the engine side of the carbs.
The fuel consumption will rise when the restriction is off as you find the extra power fun.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Arse! I was hoping it'd run more efficientlly! I'll let you know in about 5 months. If I haven't gone bankrupt by then!
Yes there are 2 washers I think.
So what about the brakes? What's best? And where do I find info on fitting them? Cheers.:thumbup:

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Original pads are the best.
Haynes manuel do a reasonable section on changing the pads.

·
Registered
256 Posts

On a different note anyone know how to spot a restricted TA ?? is it based on year of manufacture ?
For the TA I found out they have a restricted version and then the full power version... If you look in the Haynes manual in the very first section just after the bike specs there's a bit that gives the ID No.s, and if it is a restricted version or not. Basically all UK models and German type 1 models are full power, and the German type 2 models are restriced on the power output.
If you haven't got a haynes manual then PM me your frame or engine No. and I will have a look for you in mine. (Only need the initial bit i.e PD06E-xx for engine or PD06-xx for frame....):thumb:

·
Registered
897 Posts
Arse! I was hoping it'd run more efficientlly! I'll let you know in about 5 months. If I haven't gone bankrupt by then!
Yes there are 2 washers I think.
So what about the brakes? What's best? And where do I find info on fitting them? Cheers.:thumbup:
It will run more efficientlly! think what stumpy meant was when you are getting the proper power from it you will be winding the throttle open and enjoying it.
Ridden gently my 04 650 has done 62 MPG

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
It will run more efficientlly! think what stumpy meant was when you are getting the proper power from it you will be winding the throttle open and enjoying it.
Ridden gently my 04 650 has done 62 MPG
That is what I meant.:thumbup:
When I ride properly the bike gets over 200 miles per tank, when I use the power for the hell of it I get 160 miles per tank.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts