Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
gods above,if there was ever a time I should win the lottery this is now!

no lightning bolts or thunder so guess I'll just have to stick the kids on ebay.................................

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
I would love to get one of those, so like BT I need to win the lotto.

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
just the one?

tight git!

·
Registered
585 Posts
They may have been the best thing on offer in their day but they were still a load of trouble. The 850's with what they called 'The Combat Engine' was a step too far, should have called it 'The Hand Grenade Engine'. Shimming of the swinging arm was fickle and in reality they should have looked at engine balance instead of rubber mounting. If any more input is required try 'Whatever happened to the British Motorcycle Industry' a riveting read to really get you going. We were way ahead on design and development but barely anything left the drawing board and less made the prototype stage. No foresight and the only consideration was shareholder pay outs. One comment from a director in the industry was 'the British motorcyclist likes nothing more than maintaining his machine on the weekend' sorry but I like to ride mine!. Single sided swinging arm? British patent that finally ran out now look who uses them and what it's done for them. I'll have to stop because I'm getting a little angry, find the book and get angry too.

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
They may have been the best thing on offer in their day but they were still a load of trouble. The 850's with what they called 'The Combat Engine' was a step too far, should have called it 'The Hand Grenade Engine'. Shimming of the swinging arm was fickle and in reality they should have looked at engine balance instead of rubber mounting. If any more input is required try 'Whatever happened to the British Motorcycle Industry' a riveting read to really get you going. We were way ahead on design and development but barely anything left the drawing board and less made the prototype stage. No foresight and the only consideration was shareholder pay outs. One comment from a director in the industry was 'the British motorcyclist likes nothing more than maintaining his machine on the weekend' sorry but I like to ride mine!. Single sided swinging arm? British patent that finally ran out now look who uses them and what it's done for them. I'll have to stop because I'm getting a little angry, find the book and get angry too.

Turn the light off, lay down, breath deeply, and have a Worthers Original :toothy8:

·
Fine, upstanding member
2,296 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts