Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, apologies if this is the wrong section. I had a browse around and couldn't see anything saying otherwise. But basically I bought an XL to last me for a year, it has. And now I'm putting it up for spares as I figure it's a better way to sell it with no MOT and SORN

Host of pictures below. A few quick details.

Previous owner/s hand painted the frame. Terribly. Front brake system is ready to go, had seals replaced in summer. New rubber on the wheels, continentals road biased tyres. Back wheel has horrible corrosion on the spokes entering the rim. So you won't want that.
Heat shield on exhaust gone, stud stuck in.
Ignition barrel seizes up on steering lock.
Seat is tabby.
Fuel tank is in surprisingly good condition apart from tacky fuel tank protector.
Separate plenum chamber is no good.
Most of the fairings are scrap as they are just in shocking condition. Nose cone is decent.
It's an import model, instrument is in KmPH but the speedo drive is geared so that speedo actually reads in MPH
Headlight has the usual tape to keep it legal.

I was thinking of leaving the engine in the frame to keep things easy (frame is worthless IMO) but if you really don't want the extra garbage I could find time to remove it from it's shell.

All electrics seem fine, carbs need the bypass jet cleaned. I'll prob try do this myself as I strip it.

I'm not an ebay seller looking to clean up. Fair offers obviously plus postage. I can arrange something, you can arrange something you can collect in person I'm totally flexible.
I'm based near Colchester so if you do wish to collect arrange courier PM me and I can give better details.

Thanks for your interest.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hiya, thanks for enquiring. I did consider selling it whole but I just fancied breaking it. I've got the spare time to keep myself and my spanners busy disassembling it.

Thanks for your interest. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts