Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided to take the opportunity to change my tyres whilst my T700A is in having SS spokes . I read on here the BT45's are a decent choice if riding on road at all times so have decided to go for them, although when i went on to

Online Tyre Warehouse - Online Tyre Warehouse

I noticed the tyre sizes quoted on the transalp specifications brings up a tyre called a BT45 bonneyville for the front but there is a choice for the rear with both BT45 ad BT45 bonneyville listed, is the bonneyville the correct tyre ?

D

·
0 Posts
You wont be disappointed with your choice. These tyres get an excellent review, are relatively cheap and will pass the 11 thousand mile mark. Also I believe they are dual compound for those long straights. I am fitting them to my XL700TA. Just enter Bridgestone BT45 into google. Must admit bonneyville is a new one on me.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Bt45s are great used them on my @ 4000+miles from rear tyre and 5000+ from front tyre,
I now have a continental Go on the back and think its better than the BT45 was :thumbleft:

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
i have bt45's on my teapot(gsxf) and they are a great tyre but i dont know what they'd be like on the alp even though I've seen transalps with them on i imagine they'd work well but slightly spoil the aesthetics of a 'traillie'

personally I found pirelli scorpions to be a massive improvement on the stock trailwings....

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have BT45's on my 650 and do like them, agree with Pale Rider they are a lot better than trailwings if you are only on the road. Better grip and better lifespan as well. I do fancy trying the Pirelli Scorpians and may stick them on when due to change.

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
got BT45s on the 600.. even did some mild forest tracks on the national with them :D recommended

got scorpion trails on the XLV nice.......

the BT45 is a dual compound road tyre.. hard wearing centre with a softer edge compound.. great road tyre

best looks? the TCK 80 but these can square off real quick if your motorway mile munchin so the BT45s are a very good high milage road tyres and good performance wet or dry

·
Registered
167 Posts
late response, just scanning the site while I consider my next bike...

BT45 bonneyville: that's just a BT45 specifically approved by Triumph for their Bonneville range.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Old but relevant thread. Just changed my TA700 from Anakee2s (~6k mls) to BT45s. Whilst I really liked the Anakees the BT45s just feel so much more confident on the road, cornering feels more natural and responsive with them. :thumbup:

·
Stone Crazy
5,310 Posts
dunno bout anyone else but i find BT45,s go square, I have fitted metzler lasertecs to the TDR250 and think they are better than the BT45,s i had on it before

·
Registered
167 Posts
dunno bout anyone else but i find BT45,s go square, I have fitted metzler lasertecs to the TDR250 and think they are better than the BT45,s i had on it before
Avoid motorways and straight roads, find some roads with more bends, scrape the pegs and the tyres will not square off so readily ;)

·
Stone Crazy
5,310 Posts
I Never ride motorways or straight roads,We do not have any of those in North west devon , The trouble around here is loose gravel and mud, scraping the pegs on the Vigor would just about spell disaster ,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts