Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys am looking to get a hold of a bright bulb fur ma dommie,, can anyone recomend any,,, mines is Yellowish... nae good at nite......cheers, john

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
I fitted Philips Xtreme Power 80% brighter bulbs in the AT - Ebay item number 260604709215.

Other good alternatives are the Osram Nightbreaker and the Halfords own brand. The downside is that, on average, they won't last as long but the big plus is they won't cause any wiring issues unlike the over-wattage alternatives.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Surprised by that. I've used them in club rally cars, and they have a brilliant beam spread, brilliant light output,and last forever. Have had problems with other makes of bulbs only lasting a short time due to the vibration. I'll have a read of that article, cheers!

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
To be fair, the PIAA ones tested are only the road legal ones. As you are probably well aware from your rally experiences, PIAA do higher wattage ones that have vastly improved output with anti-vibration etc. For Motorsports they'd be the first choice but for a day to day legal option, the Philips, Osram and Halfords ones get the vote.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Autoexpress seem fairly underwhelmed by the PIAA offerings. Most expensive is not necessarily best...

PIAA Platinum White | Products | Auto Express

a couple years back i had a mk2 tdm 850 and the headlight on those is pants ...so in an effort to make things better i bought 2 piaa bulbs at the handsome price of 30 quid each...:(

the result....

the intensity of the light did indeed increase and i had good fun burning the eyes out dozey drivers but.... they didnt really improve the headlight or the spread of light it put out...so if you light is just down to a crappy head light ...you may not be able to improve it with just bulbs!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts