Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
John Taylor and I met up this morning for a couple of hours to clear some of that Christmas lethargy out of our systems. He lives nearby so we headed off about 7.30ish straight out of London along the A2, stopping at Cobham to look at a map (why, I have no idea as we got lost almost immediately).
We picked a few villages that looked like that did not posses a straight road between them then just rode rounds some country lanes wherever we felt like until we found a slightly bigger road and then rode that too.
After about half an hour, it was a relief to get on the decent road to be honest. The lanes were caked in crud and cow shit and tractor diesel and just after my first buttock-clenching slide I looked up to see John have a similar wiggle 20 yards in front of me. The lanes we rode would be great fun in the summer or even just clean, but this morning they were like an ice rink. It was misty for much of the time too.
We had about an hour out though, which was fun.
After re-fuelling in Sevenoaks we headed for Eynesford for the traditional ride through the ford - John broke his water cherry, with panache (only his camera battery was flat so my mobile phone shot is all we have of it).

Then we headed back - being out for a couple of hours only but we worth snatching a bit of time on the bikes in the face of family commitments. John's missus was on her last day of hols so he wanted to spend the day with her and I had promised my kids the mother of all fry-ups when I returned before we went back out to Kent (Otford) again for a six mile walk through some of the muddiest Kent countryside known to man and beast.
John's bike is an import (Italian I think) and I have only ever seen this colour scheme once before and that was in France.

Thanks for coming over John. Let's do it again soon.

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
I know what you mean about a wiggle.... I had one on the way in to work today. The first ever on the beemer but she behaved properly and stepped back in to line. :thumb: :teeth:

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
im liking that colour scheme thats cool :teeth:

bloody crazy i think we are going to have to rename your bike U149 whealie :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
10,746 Posts
Chad said:
im liking that colour scheme thats cool :teeth:

bloody crazy i think we are going to have to rename your bike U149 whealie :lol: :lol:
Mein Herr
Are you Avare sthat U149 iz wone of our Deutsche Untersee boote??
Ve can not have a Auslaender(foreigner) driving wiz our classifikations :evil: :evil:
If you please could kontact your Herr Churchill about this matter to get ze correct name for your U-Boot
Danke
Hochachtungsvoll Herr Flick :lol: :lol:

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :teeth:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts