Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Is it the government or the press.
We all know the media like to overstate the problems.

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
Why do you think British (English) actors play bad guys in American films :confused:

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why do you think British (English) actors play bad guys in American films :confused:
Because they can't find any Welsh actors for the roles?:D

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
This is what the US government think
Well, to be more accurate, it's not what they said. They didn't say a British accent makes you a liar. They just referred to the ones at BP media briefings. There is a world of difference there and, based on all the facts that are coming to light, there may well be some truth in the observation. As the presenter says, they must be either incompetent or lying.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Excuuuuuse me!
Pot, Kettle, Black...

When you consider the shameless stuff that they fed, the US public, media and world at large regarding that now endless problem: Iraq....

Not to mention Enron, that was hardly an exercise in transparency....

Hypochrisy really gets up my......

... nose.

·
Registered
195 Posts
BP owners,

40% British pension funds, invesrment portfolios.
39% American pension funds, invesrment portfolios.
21% Company shares, small investors etc.

The really are a global company.:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
It is in the eyes of the American public.

Certainly now, if it weren't before. And I'm sure that suits the White House beautifully.

Imagine the delicate line they would have needed to walk had it been a US founded company such as Exxon (remember Piper Alpha?)...

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
british accent makes you a liar?
i thought "weiner" was americanese for "c##k"?

i know which i'd rather be

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
they forget to mention that the historic problems that BP have in the US mainly relate to the AMOCO ( american oil company ) assets that BP bought some 10 years ago.. also if the BOP stack ( Blow Out Preventer ) had been to international spec ( 2 valves ) and not US spec ( one valve ) they may have not had the Blow out.. ( rumour )

This is just the US lawyers getting ready for the feeding fenzy.. Hyenias around an injured elephant :hitler:

ohh and they have an election in November for the Senate

no mention of the 11 folk who were killed....:confused:

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
they forget to mention that the historic problems that BP have in the US mainly relate to the AMOCO ( american oil company ) assets that BP bought some 10 years ago.. also if the BOP stack ( Blow Out Preventer ) had been to international spec ( 2 valves ) and not US spec ( one valve ) they may have not had the Blow out.. ( rumour )

This is just the US lawyers getting ready for the feeding fenzy.. Hyenias around an injured elephant :hitler:

ohh and they have an election in November for the Senate

no mention of the 11 folk who were killed....:confused:
yes, ask the people of bhopal what they think of american engineering

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Gawd blimey guvner, thats put the cats among the pidgoens that has,Now I'm gonna go down the apples and console myself with a nice ruby murry and a cup of char I am,I might even drink it outta the saucer like me ole Granpah use to do,Gawd,lub-a-duck what hever next.
These Hamerican's haint go no class like what I have :cool:

·
SOTGATT
3,522 Posts
Gawd bliss yer Merry Poppins !!!!

·
SOTGATT
3,522 Posts
As you know Mr Wheal, well bred Englishmen do not tell lies.

They're called " material inaccuracies "

Not that a liar like me would know the difference.....:rolleyes:

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Surely we are "economical with the actualité"?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts