Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Very Enthusiastic Member
391 Posts
looks like aerostitch got their design from those. Nice those.

I'm just thinking normal lowe alpine 15-18lt backpacks (+nylon liner inside). Undo the shoulder straps, stitch some velcro soft side on the inside of one of the bags' straps, prickly side on the outside of the other backpack's shoulder straps, join up and sling it over the tank, then tie the bottom bits to the crashbars to prevent swinging... then have two backpacks for hiking when needed.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Thay are called Rocket Pouches and with a Yolk become a small bergan.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Thay are called Rocket Pouches and with a Yolk become a small bergan.
think they will just zip together, add 2 straps and they become a day sack with out a Yoke,
but its been a while since i seen one or actually carried any kit my self which was not strapped to my bike lol

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Wasn't the pouches on the Berghaus Cyclops 100 ltr sac, zip together with 2 x shoulder straps & converted into a 20 ltr day sac.
Still got mine in the garage, just might try it out.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea, thats the one! with the attachments for the yoke one can make a sling thet goes over the tank, then it only needs to be clipped to the top of the crashbar. there are loops at the bottom for that already. i prefer to stitch separate vercro attachments as they rip of when you fall instead of damaging the bag and bindings for the yoke. the claim is 10lit each, but more like 6. i fit two 2lit water bottles in one side, and 5lit fuelcan in other. that leaves some space for some spare oil and anti-freeze:thumbup:

·
Bloody furriner
5,009 Posts
Nice. I had a look at the Aerostich ones, they look very nicely made, price was high but not too shocking, until you look at shipping. Seems Aerostich is one of those companies that don't ship internationally despite what they claim. I'm not paying $80 shipping for a $120 bag...

I've been thinking about rigging up a similar setup with either 2 cheapo daypacks or with some sort of horse saddlebag.

·
Very Enthusiastic Member
391 Posts
I agree, I think daypacks are the way to go on long journeys as they will double up as just a backpack if needed. Or even get a camelback mule and carry water aswell.. or just be sensible and carry the water in bottles in the backpack :D

·
Registered
290 Posts
I've got a pair of those Rocket Pouches--(off a radio bergen), anyone know where I can get the Yoke to convert them to a day/backpack?

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Reactions: dogwheel

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Cheers Loggy,
That's an interesting site, looks like I might get lucky there.

No worries mate.

You can buy anything from a tin of paint to a tank on there. You just have to go through all the websites until you find what you want.:thumbup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts