Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some uni prof on about GB to have a space agency. Harking on about the benefits to this country? Job for life for him no doubt £££££. Lets face it we cant even grit the roads or fill in pot holes yet. Still bye-bye hard earned cash. We are alone no alien wants anything to do with this planet. Beam me up snotty.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
this must be the only country with a space museum and no space missions :confused::confused::confused::D:D

http://www.spacecentre.co.uk/Page.aspx/1/Home/

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
i was just gonna say, a lot of satelites are made in this country for other people, and thats megabucks work.
i dont think we'll ever worry NASA or the jet propulsion lab though.

ha! you just reminded me of the bloke who was in charge of that beagleII, the whole worlds stereotype of the beardy british shed boffin, IQ 250, and still dressed by his mum, brilliant

·
May Contain Nuts
2,350 Posts
ha! you just reminded me of the bloke who was in charge of that beagleII, the whole worlds stereotype of the beardy british shed boffin, IQ 250, and still dressed by his mum, brilliant
that would be Colin Pillinger, see, told ya I was an Anorak and yes I studied with the open university but no I don't wear flares :)

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
..and yes I studied with the open university but no I don't wear flares :)

LIAR!!!!

Don't believe a word, I caught Ian outside XRV Headquarters (next door to Buckingham Palace) smoking a pipe, wearing grey flares, grey sandals, grey socks, grey jacket, and using a scientific calculator while he drank a mug of Ovaltine.

He is 100% geek!

:rolleyes:

:toothy7:

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
The British Space agency is needed to tax Richard Branson as the Virgin Global explorer is getting ready to launch.
A British Spaceship for tourists.

·
Craigypops
6,747 Posts
I love anything to do with space it fascinates me, but, what’s the point in spending billions of pounds, like the USA does, studying far out into space? So they might get info on a red dwarf or a black hole that’s elevnty zillion light years away… and… what does it accomplish? If we had spare resources to put into this then fine, the far reaches of the universe interest me immensely but I fail to see what gain we get for the cost.

Our immediate surroundings are a different story, as mentioned, satellites etc are needed now for everyday life so we need to pump resources into these. It’s all this talk you here of the first man walking on Mars etc that makes me just think, Why?

Before anyone harps on about furthering our knowledge etc, I understand that we have to strive to reach our potential otherwise we wouldn’t be where we are today, technologically, but think what you could do in the world with the money it would cost for a Mars mission, just so a man/woman can stand on some red dust and say “we got here”…

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
346 Posts
The British Space agency is needed to tax Richard Branson as the Virgin Global explorer is getting ready to launch.
A British Spaceship for tourists.
Strictly speaking it's an American "spaceship" being bought by a British bloke :rolleyes:

·
Craigypops
6,747 Posts
I think it's the same reason people climb mountains, because it's there...

and where would we be without Velcro and WD40? they were developed for the moon program.
Yeah but it doesnt cost the equivelant of building 500 hospitals and 1000s of schools or feeding hundreds of thousands of starving kids to climb a mountain does it.

I do see your point though and understand we will get new inventions as a by-product but my real question is at what cost when we are in such a state. This money should be pouring into renewable energy sources, food production, cancer research... things can actually help us now.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
If we can get to Mars, then we should go.

Send all the convicted killers and child molesters there and it would save us in the long run.

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
If we can get to Mars, then we should go.

Send all the convicted killers and child molesters there and it would save us in the long run.
whats mars done to deserve them? just shoot em into the sun along with all the nuclear waste

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Look we aint going anywhere so why waste money? There isnt anything out there but bits of rock and scrap metal. If there was (inteligent life ha ha)they wouldnt want to come here or they would look really stupid when they got home. Probably do anyway.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Look we aint going anywhere so why waste money? There isnt anything out there but bits of rock and scrap metal. If there was (inteligent life ha ha)they wouldnt want to come here or they would look really stupid when they got home. Probably do anyway.
That is the attitude of the public when they travel on public transport.
What about the descendants of the 1947 Roswell crash, they may be trying to get home.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts