Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI anybody else here receiving a poor service from talktalk on broadband?
Mine keeps randomly disconnecting and reconnecting and sometimes you can't send or received e-mail, a fault which they know about apparently sometimes it goes days being faultless.

Phoned them last week and was told enginners are looking at. Phoned back today and was told it will be at least 48hrs. Phoned Ofcom to see about be able to get out of the contract without paying any fee's they took the details told me what to do.

I wrote the letter out and phoned Talktalk to get an address to send the letter to and was asked " why do you want to cancel" my reply was "your product is not fit for purpose" to which he replied " don't worry mate, all Tiscali customers will be migrated by the end of the year then there will be no problems" to which i replied " Hows that going to help my problems now.

Will be interesting to see what response i get to the letter if any

·
Tenacious Member
1,435 Posts
Not any more, I left years ago for exactly the reasons you list - and worse!

My Dad was with Tiscali up to the takeover - then his email stopped working!

Talktalk said "Yes. We have changed your password as part of the integration into Talktalk. Didn't you get the email with your new password notification?"!!!! :confused:

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
I have heard so many complaints about talk talk, I would not even use their phone service.

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
Tiscali were appalling to deal with. We had the phone, broadband and tv with them. Continued disrupted service, hours on end trying to get through to a call centre in Bangladesh, ignorant and rude call centre staff. But when it worked it was fine and inertia and their dirt cheap prices meant I never changed. Now we're with talk talk by default. Can't say Ive noticed anything being worse. Although a few years ago I closed the door on one of their (talk talk) sales people, literally into his face, to prevent me from punching him, because he would not, no matter how polite I tried to be, go away.

·
I will wash it I promise!
2,022 Posts
Hello All

best course of action once you have complained and not got satisfaction is to go to the telecomunications ombudsman service for your provider.
I think that for talk talk it is the ombudsman services in warrington but will check it out.

Mrs Z works for them so will get some proper advice from her and feed back here!

cheers all

Z:D

·
Registered
318 Posts
I,m happy with my BT broadband, Would like to get it all together with my Sky tv but sky apparently cannot connect me to their broadband as they are not in my area as of yet which is a pain as I would like to have my call, tv, and broadband all from one provider.
I pay £9.50 a month for the broadband cos I done some serious haggling with the sales team on the phone so i,m happy.

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello All

best course of action once you have complained and not got satisfaction is to go to the telecomunications ombudsman service for your provider.
I think that for talk talk it is the ombudsman services in warrington but will check it out.

Mrs Z works for them so will get some proper advice from her and feed back here!

cheers all

For talktalk it's Otelo so Ofcom told me yesterday

·
Craigypops
6,747 Posts
My Dad was with Tiscali up to the takeover - then his email stopped working!

Talktalk said "Yes. We have changed your password as part of the integration into Talktalk. Didn't you get the email with your new password notification?"!!!! :confused:
They did similar to me but with the password to connect to the internet!

When i telephoned to ask why i couldn't connect and they told me my password was emailed to me i said well how am i suppose to get that email when i can't connect?...silence... lol

I'll not go into the countless more interesting interactions i have had with talktalk but suffice to say there a load of sh!t... :)

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
I will wash it I promise!
2,022 Posts
For talktalk it's Otelo so Ofcom told me yesterday
Same thing - TOSL are ombudsmen for four areas - telecomunications being one of them!

here is a link to their website Homepage - Ombudsman Services

give them a call and someone will be able to guide you through the correct way to escalate a complaint and then take it up with the ombudsman.

first port of call is to check your contract - there may be something in the Ts&Cs that allows termination of the contract if the supply is not as promised, but be aware there may be a penalty clause for early termination!

if that draws a blank then give TOSL a call (better to call than no do an online query) and someone will give you guidance on how to progress your complaint (they won't be able to advise you on the specifics of your case though - at least not until it gets to them as a full file!)

hope this helps

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
I am so glad I am with Virgin.

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Still have no e-mail working. Phoned them and before i got to speak to anyone there was a prerecorderd message saying " Anyone with email problems at moment, fault should be corrected by Monday 25th October as upgrading". So no rush then:confused::confused:

USELESS TO$$ERS

1 - 12 of 12 Posts