Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Broke down again today for the 4th and 5th time this year, Bike cut out at 60 mph as if it was starved of fuel (full tank) coasted to the side of the road and watched the 6 of the 7 following bikes go straight past(nice to have friends) :confused: though two did turn around a mile further on and came back ;) checked to see if fuel pump was hot No so pulled pipe of pump delivery side to see if there was fuel. Yip lots of it, replace pipe and try to start bike, turns over but doe's not make any attempt to fire, leave for 5 minutes and try again this time it starts but runs for about 30 secs missing and very flat before stalling, sending:mad: the only two rides who bothed to turn back on there way and wait another 10 minutes before restarting the bike and riding home down the M4 from chepstow back to the Rhondda only for it to cut out again 300 yrds from home.:mad::mad: Never mind 300 yrds an't for to push a @ up a hill in full kit and thermals.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Don't know if this has been mentioned or tried but check the cdi's if they get hot they can break curcuit.

·
Registered
117 Posts
If its any help, I've had the same symptoms on my RD04.......cut out going up hill, restarted, rode 5kms, cut out again and wouldn't restart. The motoring assistance guy in France assured me once it was running I would make it home, the bike idled for 15 minutes without problems, I rode 1kms up the road, it cut out again and I had to wait another 30 minutes for the assistance guy to return... Replaced the rectifier / regulator - problem solved. When I removed the rectifier and turned it over, the backside is made of like a baker light material, here there was, what looked like heat distortion (swelling). As I understand it, these items do a good gob in cooking themselves...So from now on I never leave home without a spare one... Webmoto £110 +/- Salut Matt

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
If you are convinced the fuel pump is OK, I'd put my last penny on your problem being an earth fault.

Check/clean/tighten all the HT connections from the battery, especially the ones to the frame. While you're there, also check the + ones which go to the solenoid then onto the starter motor. Whilst at the solenoid, unplug the green connector, which will reveal the master fuse. Pull this out to make sure it's OK, and clean etc.

Good Luck

Bob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts