Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I will wash it I promise!
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on my way home from work on friday, a car pulled out of a side road from behind a lorry on the opposite side of the road, it was hit him or hit the brakes so i did (the brakes that is!)
well like the title reads the bike went over and we both slid down the road loud grinding noises from bike, gear and helmet!

but the good news is that other than being still as hell and a few bruises and grazes the gear and lid did it's job and i'm just sore!

the bike is not so lucky, lots of bent bits and ground bits!

bugger - I had only had the bandit for a month and I really like it!

oh well lets see what the insurance dudes make of it all, at least the guy in the car has been ok about it, i'm pretty damn sure from the look on his face and the chat we had that he'll double check twice next time!

take care all and please wear your gear even when its hot!

Z

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
on my way home from work on friday, a car pulled out of a side road from behind a lorry on the opposite side of the road, it was hit him or hit the brakes so i did (the brakes that is!)
well like the title reads the bike went over and we both slid down the road loud grinding noises from bike, gear and helmet!

but the good news is that other than being still as hell and a few bruises and grazes the gear and lid did it's job and i'm just sore!

the bike is not so lucky, lots of bent bits and ground bits!

bugger - I had only had the bandit for a month and I really like it!

oh well lets see what the insurance dudes make of it all, at least the guy in the car has been ok about it, i'm pretty damn sure from the look on his face and the chat we had that he'll double check twice next time!

take care all and please wear your gear even when its hot!

Z
At least your ok mate the metal can be repaired or replaced:p

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
Ferking hell Z, Glad your Ok and not bent up.:thumbup:

·
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it's wierd - I feel pretty annoyed about the whole thing but then feel a bit of a cock for being annoyed when i've come off pretty lightly compared with some who have come a cropper recently!

or even those who chose to cushion their bikes fall with their own leg . . . .

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
sorry to hear about your spill Z, but bikes are much easier to repair than people and you'll be back in no time. glad your ok in yourself mate:thumbup:

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
Bad news, Z, and sorry about the bike too. But good to know that you will still be here to tell the tale. :thumbup: Well done on averting worse disaster, and hope that you arent too sore tomorrow. Take care out there folk, and like Z says - ATGATT even in the sunshine!

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
farcanal Z you should have known better buying a BINDIT !!!;)

GLAD YOUR OK FELLA NOW SUE THE FECKER:thumbup:

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
At least you are still walking around, the bike can be replaced either as bits or as a whole.

·
In search of 7th gear!
933 Posts
Good to hear you're ok Z, as you say, it pays to wear the gear!

Good luck on sorting all the insurance BS, and get yourself back on the road soon!

JB

·
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cheers guys - feeling bummed out and beaten up but all in all no worries!

need to get sorted in time for the national!

Z:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts