Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, had these tyres fitted and very pleased with them, bit confused over the correct pressure though, shop set them at 29 which feels good and grippy and better as tyres warm up. However when I checked bridgestone site they state 36 rear and 34 front which seems a bit high to me, do you think they are quoting a figure for 2 up and fully loaded? I dont want to lose any grip as that is why I chose these tyres as I only use the baby on the road for commuting and pleasure. Has anybody else got these tyres and what pressure are you using?

Thanks,

Paul.

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
The BT45 has flexible sidewalls and is designed to run at higher pressures than you'd normally expect. Go with Bridgestones recommendation as running them at lower pressures can cause premature wear and odd handling.

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
I'm running bt45's on my @, I have 29psi in the front and 36 in the rear, I personally found the front pushed in corners with the higher recommended bridgestone tyre pressures.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What do you mean by pushed in corners, were you losing grip at the front?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
Yes the front was loosing grip and running wide in corners, with 29 psi the front is great.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts