Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Complete Member
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, been seeing the Doctor for a few weeks, good news is we've ruled out Bowel Cancer (Barium Enema's are a thing of great joy - not!) and Kidney Disease and Appendicitus and Diabetes.

Seems to be a build up of fatty tissue in/ around my Liver, apparently this is not a good thing and it's caused mostly by excess alchohol, so the bad news is for those who haven't got there already - NO BOOZE - not tonight, not tomorrow night, not Sunday lunch, not never :confused2: (well maybe the odd glass of wine if I'm a good boy)

AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Best go put the kettle on :(

·
Complete Member
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Sweetie, still sulking though :(

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
Thanks Sweetie, still sulking though :(
:( :( :( :( :( gonna sulk with you mate:( :( :( :(

still at least you've ruled out the really nasty stuff:cool: thats really good news:cool:

S

·
0 Posts
Bad luck matey:( I'm off to tell the wife, she's becoming a bit of an old soak recently;)

Very glad to hear it's not terminal though, sad the lack of booze, much worse would be the lack of life:(

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,034 Posts
Bloke I work with (healthy looking bugger too and young looking for a 55 year old) has a very fatty liver too. No reason has yet been found for it either, he's very puzzled over the reasons for this.

·
Complete Member
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yen
Under nursey Mabel's direct instruction I did the google search http://www.patient.co.uk/showdoc/40024505/, pretty much what the Doc said (and apparently Mrs D knew this already:rolleyes: ), Doc diagnosed me mainly based on the usual tests and "normal" and "alcohol fasting" blood tests, they look for an enzyme that shows whether it's alcohol related or not and in my case the enzyme went down dramatically after not drinking for a month.
To be honest I'm not that bothered about the booze and have already been told to go on a better diet by Mrs D as we have a very high cholesterol level in my family (another possible cause).
At least it means I'll be fit enough to get up to the National Meet and watch everyone else drink themselves stupid :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts