Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am absolutley knackered. Last night I removed the front calipers to find the alloy was crumbling away. As that job was cut short I decided to fit the rear shock I bought from SteveR. I thought this would be an hours job but took about 2 and I finished in the dark - half in the garage half out.

In the middle of the night I woke up worrying about bits I might not have refitted properly, especially the rear brake caliper. Lay awake half the night worrying. Sure enough when I checked in the morning the caliper wasn't in it's bracket on swing arm. Easy to remedy.

Undeterred I set to to replace the clutch. This involves taking the crash bars off. What a massive PITA they are. I had forgotten how bloody awkward they are. Not that the exhuast is that easy either - the header flange on the rear port is a very very tight fit off and on the studs needs a hammer both ways which of course buggers up the threads. The clutch by the way is dead easy - the friction plates were well worn - can't remember the measurements but well below the minimum thickness. Springs were just ok. Just need ti fill it with oil and give it a go up the drive (no front brakes).

Next I went with Anne to have second look and test ride on a TA700 for her. They are very nice and loads more powerful than a 650, well mine anyway. just need to settle on a price now and I think we will have it.

In between all this I managed to cut the grass (1st time it been dry enough for 4 weeks) and a couple of trips to town for bits and pieces. Like I said I am knackered. It was take away fir dinner and am now surfing the net to check out TA 700 prices. A bottle of cider beckons though.

Tomorrow it's finish the bike - silencer and oil. I might change the fork oil, oh and the rear pads on the vara too. Then it's back to Blackpool Honda to see what they will do on the price of the TA.

I think I need to go back to work for a rest.

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
snap,,

wemoto parts arrived so that the rear wheel bearing in the franken twin sorted.. the one that ejected 6 balls had only the outer in place... took some ingenuity but sorted it...
the Prius need discs and pad.. ( local dealer wanted £700 quid as you need to play with clever hybrid brake system.. googled and this turns out to be complete ********... just disconnect the wee 12v CPU system battery at the rear to kill the car completely ) simple job two bolt and caliper off.. discs not that bad ( lying gits ) shot the pads in re booted the car simples.. :thumbup: ) took me under an hour I hate car dealers.....

then cut the grass and jetted out a troublesome drain..

few trips to the dump.. peckish 20.30!!! soding light nights..

DIY at the daughters tommorrow do may get a late night ride in,,:blob6:

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
I am absolutley knackered. Last night I removed the front calipers to find the alloy was crumbling away. As that job was cut short I decided to fit the rear shock I bought from SteveR. I thought this would be an hours job but took about 2 and I finished in the dark - half in the garage half out.

In the middle of the night I woke up worrying about bits I might not have refitted properly, especially the rear brake caliper. Lay awake half the night worrying. Sure enough when I checked in the morning the caliper wasn't in it's bracket on swing arm. Easy to remedy.

Undeterred I set to to replace the clutch. This involves taking the crash bars off. What a massive PITA they are. I had forgotten how bloody awkward they are. Not that the exhuast is that easy either - the header flange on the rear port is a very very tight fit off and on the studs needs a hammer both ways which of course buggers up the threads. The clutch by the way is dead easy - the friction plates were well worn - can't remember the measurements but well below the minimum thickness. Springs were just ok. Just need ti fill it with oil and give it a go up the drive (no front brakes).

Next I went with Anne to have second look and test ride on a TA700 for her. They are very nice and loads more powerful than a 650, well mine anyway. just need to settle on a price now and I think we will have it.

In between all this I managed to cut the grass (1st time it been dry enough for 4 weeks) and a couple of trips to town for bits and pieces. Like I said I am knackered. It was take away fir dinner and am now surfing the net to check out TA 700 prices. A bottle of cider beckons though.

Tomorrow it's finish the bike - silencer and oil. I might change the fork oil, oh and the rear pads on the vara too. Then it's back to Blackpool Honda to see what they will do on the price of the TA.

I think I need to go back to work for a rest.
I know exactly how you feel got up this morning went to market got a com cable for new mobile phone then went to offroad shop to get a price for a damaged switchgear on the Gasgas due to dropping it this week and breaking the lever off so i can't turn the lights off. Left there went to mothers and picked up my trailer got 15 litres of fuel on the way home for enduro tomorrow (only just remembered to add oil to it) came home got Gasgas ready for tommorow then mate phones me so we go and walk some of the course ran out of time to do all of it. Got home went down to pick up my god daughters as they are coming with me tomorow just cooked spag bol for tea now finished the ice cream and dishes course swift bottle of wine then bed and early rise

Tomorrow it's early rise off to the woods, scrutinner by 9am our class starts at midday for 3hrs then it will be home drop the bike off and empty the truck then drop the god daughters home then drop the trailer to mothers where it lives. Then home wife cooks tea while i shower and sit down and watch this so dissappointing series of top gear and the Gp which hopefully the playstation will record while i'm racing

·
Banned
48 Posts
I can beat that, up at 7.30 and got wood to refloor three quaters of the workshop, went and got the wood.

Had a bacon sandwich, totally cleared out the shop laid the 3x2 made sure all level, put boards on top of that, mean while it starts raining so all my stuff getting wet, built an old shelf unit I had, dragged in an 8 foot metal bench i bought on ebay, got rid of some stuff/rubbish I had, started putting everything back althogh not very tidely as getting late.

Do I have more room to work in the shop?

Do I fu*k :confused:

Finished at 8.45 PM

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
You lot were busy.
I got home at 0700 fed the dragons and Bosc then went to bed, got up around 2 pm and went to the reptile shop for some mice, then went shopping for my food.
Did some house work and made dinner.
I then fed the snakes and went to bed, up at 04:00 this morning to drive the bus to Hastings.

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
I can beat that, up at 7.30 and got wood to refloor three quaters of the workshop, went and got the wood.

Had a bacon sandwich, totally cleared out the shop laid the 3x2 made sure all level, put boards on top of that, mean while it starts raining so all my stuff getting wet, built an old shelf unit I had, dragged in an 8 foot metal bench i bought on ebay, got rid of some stuff/rubbish I had, started putting everything back althogh not very tidely as getting late.

Do I have more room to work in the shop?

Do I fu*k :confused:

Finished at 8.45 PM
That doesn't qualify it's not bike related :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts