Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would anyone be able to post up a link to where I can buy some Renthals online?

The Renthal 'Fit My Bike' page just has a mass of 'N/A's and 'You need to fit Renthal 11/8" handlebar clamps or multi-piece triple top clamps'.

New job means no time to look...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Try these people :
http://www.bandcexpress.co.uk/

I got mine through them, It was a while back and I think I went for these .

Bar No = 615
A = 770
B = 160
C = 120
D = 200
E = 98

Honda 4 Trax

Trouble is I cannot remember exactly so if you measure yours and look on B&C's web site, they have all the measurements listed.
As I said it was a while ago but I will have a look to see if I still have the info.

·
Senior Consulting Member
1,982 Posts
I used the same place but went for...

Bar 613 - Dakar High

A = 830
B = 130
C = 95
D = 210
E = 75

·
Registered
73 Posts
Cheers guys - did they fit straight on?
Well yes and no, if you just unbolt the bar clamps and put the new ones in place then yes they fit straight on, trouble is you find the old bars with all the gubbins still on them get in the way going down the road :lol: .

Best to take all the bits off the old bars first, then have a look at the bottom half of the switch and throttle clamps, you will find there is a small 'pip' that is used for locating on the old bars. You need to file these off first, sliding the throttle grip side on before mounting the bars makes life a bit easier as well.

Don't forget...
Have you ordered new rubber grips 'cos I had to cut the left one off, damm fierce Jap glue they used.
Your old bar end weights will not fit a) nothing to screw them into b) the bars are made of a lot thicker material so the internal diameter is smaller.
The bar clamps go on a specific way up ( should be marked with a small dot to the top ) and the top bolt is torqued down first to 19 foot pounds then the bottom bolt to the same setting.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for that - what did you do regarding the barweights?

·
Senior Consulting Member
1,982 Posts
The bars were a straight replacement.

chronyx said:
what did you do regarding the barweights?
The weights were missing from my original bars anyway, I just bought some new ones (Motrax I think) for the thicker walled renthals.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts