Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
saw this on ebay at buy it now 425 but he not got the v5 and when i contacted him and explaind y im not going to pay for it he said so u dont want the bike then and put the phone down on me as i told him if the v5 is not there vosa is not going to give me 1 if the bike is stollen and heres a link to the pics i got for the bike at 400 quid thought it was too gd to be true simo http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....MEWN:IT&viewitem=&item=150085338898&rd=1&rd=1

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No V5 doesn't necesarily mean it's been nicked. He's a dealer/breaker so will have some sort of reputation to maintain. And his feedback is consistently good.

You could have taken the reg number, frame and engine numbers and done an HPI check and assuming everything came up OK just applied to DVLA for a new V5. I don't see any reason to run away scared just because there's no V5.

·
TV boffin
328 Posts
If the buyer can get the V5, then so can the seller. If the seller doesn't do that, there is a reason. If the reason is something other than "it's crooked", then the seller should state the fact. No facts? No good.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The seller may not have registered the bike in his own name - he's a dealer. And even if he did, applying for a V5 takes some time and maybe he didn't want to wait that long before selling the bike. Who knows? Anyone who's interested in the bike should ask the seller for more information, not assume the worst. In this country we're innocent until proven guilty!

A lack of facts isn't a problem - if you want to know more than he's said then ask questions. It's only if the answers to those questions sound iffy that there's a reason to be concerned.

An HPI check is all that's needed - if that suggests that the bike's stolen then report it to ebay and/or the police and don't bid. If it comes back clean and you want the bike then bid/buy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts