·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Re: Bye, bye to free to air MotoGP

Looks like the only way to watch MotoGP from next year will be to pay for it - BT Sport confirmed for MotoGP deal and MotoGP: BT Sport secures TV rights from 2014 in five-year deal.

So, I suppose I'll have to go out and ride my own bike now rather than watching the racing.

Ho hum.
stopped watching F1 when it went to SKY, no point only being able to watch a few races a year or the bits somebody else thinks are good. Guess now i won't watch Moto-gp either not a huge loss though. Guess touring cars it will be then

·
Captain unsensible.......
2,553 Posts

I wont be paying either! - we already bloody pay for the BBC tv licence and Sky.... Dorna - you are a bunch of *****! If everyone boycotted the british Silverstone round it might make dorna sit up and take notice.

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts

Cricfree Or one of many other streaming services are your friend. Not as good as the real thing, but near enough ;)

I am a big Rugby fan, no way can I afford big days at Twickenham or similar, I can get to watch Leicester Tigers 4-5 times a year on discounted tickets, but the cost of SkySports packages are such that no way will I pay as to guarantee a match will be available, you have to subscribe to the total package... Ho, bloody Ho, I think not!. I did look at the short term stream from Sky to watch a specific match, £9.99 for 24hrs.... Who do they think they are kidding??

Like zillions of others, I watch a stream, not always good, but enough to get a feel of the game and doesn't cost me £40-50/month ;)

·
Registered
338 Posts

MotoGP's about the only thing I look forward too on tv
But there's no way I'm forking out 40-50 quid a month for 2 races :mad:
Might as well save a few months subscription & travel to Jerez for a few days racing & partying :blob3:

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts

MotoGP's about the only thing I look forward too on tv
But there's no way I'm forking out 40-50 quid a month for 2 races :mad:
Might as well save a few months subscription & travel to Jerez for a few days racing & partying :blob3:
Sounds like some serious partying.....!! ;)

Better to spend the money on superfast broadband to get a better stream I reckon.

·
Golam Rosewater
1,444 Posts

It'll be free to watch for BT Broadband customers on-line, without the need to take their TV packages, etc.

I'm thinking of changing my supplier for next year, motogp may just swing it in BT's favour.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts