Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
for a café style bike I fancy a Suzuki gr 650 this one is pretty smart I am not too keen on the fork lift tyres or the forks protruding throught the yokes or lack of front mud guard or speedo but that's just me but it shows their potential . it would be very easy to smarten one up for not a lot of money . ‘84 Suzuki GR650 – Anvil Motociclette | Pipeburn.com :thumbup: a Transalp 600 is a fine machine but I think they should be left alone there are other bikes that lend themselves better to the style the gr650 being an air cooled twin with mono shock is a great base if you can find one a few on the continent but scarce on the islands I would imagine .

·
Administrator
1,781 Posts
I like the way that's going - the downcurve of the frame aft of the engine is almost "Featherbed"-like! And the tubular subframe doesn't look out of place.
But what about the rads ? -- always, to my eyes, the downfall of modern cafe-racer conversions .......... but I'm old and remember old A10s and Matchless/AJS twins fitted with clipons and reverse-cone megas being put together by mycontemporaries. :happy8:

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
What someone did with a VT500 a shaft drive ancestor of the transalp so engine and frame size much the same, this was from the Ascot model the Euro model had the internal disk that could look like a big drum.
vt500 cafe racer.jpg

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
What someone did with a VT500 a shaft drive ancestor of the transalp so engine and frame size much the same, this was from the Ascot model the Euro model had the internal disk that could look like a big drum.
View attachment 100154
I have a VT 500 Ascot in my garage. And these pictures are giving me ideas. Very cool make-over. Any link to the build?

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
All look great

·
Registered
39 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
No that is so cool. Did you cut the top frame rails out to get the tank to fit? What is the radiator off?
Thanks!

The Gas tank is a Jawa CZ350 that i have cut into peices and just used the sides from. The radiator is a Yamaha Raptor 660 (ATV).

Another picture of todays status, Inspection completed now, ready to ride.
:)
20160705_201633380_iOS.jpg 20160705_201904447_iOS.jpg WP_20150705_14_50_16_Pro.jpg

·
Registered
39 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts