Honda XRV Forum banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
Lulu's post made me have another look through the thread and made me think that i really ought to "map" all these caff's and put them on the Zumo for emergency reference!
Yes, this is a really useful thread, with lots of good suggestions. Will have to find the time to go through it properly. :thumbup:

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
When us Super Sausage open? Are there busy nights/days of the week?

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
When us Super Sausage open? Are there busy nights/days of the week?
Opening times are quite restrictive in comparison with Yonderman's. From the website:
Opening times Monday thru' Thursday 7.30am to 2.45pm & Friday thru' Sunday 7.00am to 2.45pm

So you need to be an early starter (but that won't bother you :) ).

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Will make a trip one weekend day then.

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
And if the Super Sausage disappoints, there's Jacks Hill just up the road. We passed it on the way down and it was heaving with bikes. By the time we returned they'd mostly gone. I think every motorcycle in England was on the A5 on Sunday - I think I saw more even than you see in Matlock on a sunny weekend day. Haven't tested Jacks Hill out, but it clearly is popular.

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
what route did you take to get there Lou?
We were very boring, Ian, as I knew it would be a long ride for me. From mine, it went A6/ A46/ M1 (only one junction from 21a to 21)/ M69 (as motorways go, it's one of my favourites)/ A5. Then A5 all the way down. Came back the same way, though my riding partner was chomping at the bit to take the lanes round Mallory...next time, maybe. Would you and Ruth be up for a run down there? Not as pretty as the ride to Yonderman's, but the A5 is a nice stretch of road, all the same.

·
May Contain Nuts
2,350 Posts
Would you and Ruth be up for a run down there?
I'm sure we could be persuaded :)

Not as pretty as the ride to Yonderman's, but the A5 is a nice stretch of road, all the same.
the A5's not bad,

and yes if you have to do motorway the M69 is a good one, I once did the entire length of it without seeing another car

good to here that Morag is getting the hang of staying upright too ;)

·
Happy Bunny!
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Both the SS and Jacks Hill are local to me and both do a cracking breakfast.

If the dates are good for me work wise, there are loads of rides to be had around here on some gorgeous back roads. and i dont mind putting a route together for the attendees.:D

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
I'm sure we could be persuaded :)

the A5's not bad,

and yes if you have to do motorway the M69 is a good one, I once did the entire length of it without seeing another car

good to here that Morag is getting the hang of staying upright too ;)
Both the SS and Jacks Hill are local to me and both do a cracking breakfast.

If the dates are good for me work wise, there are loads of rides to be had around here on some gorgeous back roads. and i dont mind putting a route together for the attendees.:D
Sounds like a plan might be coming together. I'll look at my calendar and post something in the meet up forum and let's see if we can get xrv into action :thumbup:

61 - 72 of 72 Posts