Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

Just joined the site after chatting to Digitalcaptive at Grantham Honda. I ride a 1994 Cagiva Elefant E750 Lucky Explorer, below is a picture showing her posing in a field. Hope to join a ride out at some point.

regards to all.

[/IMG]

·
Tenacious Member
1,435 Posts
Hi Mahout and welcome. Did Russ already warn you about requests/demands for photos? Tidy looking bike. :thumbright:

Keep an eye on the rideouts and meets sections.

·
SOTGATT
3,521 Posts
Lovely lookin' bikes......

Saw that bikes double at the Stella last year..:thumbright:

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
Glad you made it here Mahout, as I said at Grantham Honda they're not a bad bunch on here (a little weird maybe)

And ignore Phil w the law of averages says that at some point its inevitable he'll have before too long...........sorry phil :p

There's normally loads going on in the Peaks within the forum, Mostly meeting up a the Yondermann Cafe (Jellys) at Wardlow Mires

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the welcome and comments on the hefferlump: I do have another identical one in several boxes if you fancy an Italian 1000 piece jigsaw Phil W. I'm certainly up for a run out to the Yondermann when next there's a gathering.

Cheers.

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Thanks for the welcome and comments on the hefferlump: I do have another identical one in several boxes if you fancy an Italian 1000 piece jigsaw Phil W. I'm certainly up for a run out to the Yondermann when next there's a gathering.

Cheers.
Hell No, but it is a bike of massive beauty. Really would like to see it in the flesh one day

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Went for a quick blast around the local B roads but the Elefant wanted to do a bit of rutting. Photo taken on the Viking Way west of Stainsby, Lincs. (unclassified road).

[/IMG]

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Nice one

Do you get out much with Marc and Ian? (Fantrider900)

Lovely bike

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Paul-S

"(Do you get out much with Marc and Ian? (Fantrider900))"

I haven't met anyone from XRV forum on a rideout yet, but I did do a rideout earlier this year around the peak district (organised by the Elefantlist) which was led by Ian who lives in Lincoln, so might be one and the same. I'm hoping to be able to do the Xmas meet in November, at least the Saturday ride out.

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Paul-S

"(Do you get out much with Marc and Ian? (Fantrider900))"

I haven't met anyone from XRV forum on a rideout yet, but I did do a rideout earlier this year around the peak district (organised by the Elefantlist) which was led by Ian who lives in Lincoln, so might be one and the same. I'm hoping to be able to do the Xmas meet in November, at least the Saturday ride out.
That is the very same person

I cannot be around on the Saturday I'm away mountain biking in the Lakes but the other reprobates will be there for sure and there will be a ride out

Enjoy

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi Kjell - spares are a bit hit and miss but the engine and associated parts are usually to be found off the shelf at my local Ducati dealer. The motor is the same as the Ducati 750 supersport with the exception of the crankcase rear swing arm mount. Levers, brakes etc are usually available after a good search. The most difficult parts to find are the plastics and minor trim parts. Mirrors are the same as a V Strom. Service parts are generally available from the usual pattern suppliers.

As regards off road running I find it very nimble for such a large bike, (my previous off road riding experience is with much lighter trials bikes) with the right tyres fitted it would be very capable on green lanes. I run conti escapes which give me excellent on road handling but makes damp conditions off road a bit nerve racking. It is certainly more off road oriented than later models such as the Grand Canyon or Navigator. It most impresses me on rural singletrack roads where choppy surfaces and potholes do not unset it's composure.

regards

Just out of curiosity, do You have problems getting spares?

What's is it like to run off road?

/Kjell

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Marc's out of action for a while with another carpal tunnel op

1 - 20 of 38 Posts