Honda XRV Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Nice looking bikes, I've chased a couple through ebay over the last few years. Always had a soft spot for them:thumbright:

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
I remember in the late 90's we had a dealer in Penzance selling these i test rode the 900 which had a stonking motor on it, i think it was the same one used in the Ducati 900ss. Also rode a few Laverda's down there but can't for the life of me remember the models

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Aye, I just bought its twin this week!

A colleague of mine bought one brand new, ran it for a couple of yrs, run up 18k kms and put it into storage as he was forces and away for a spell. Long story short, 15yrs later,,,, I come along,,,, nice Elefant! I'll have that thank you very much!
Hope to have it home in the next week or so and start stripping for a rebuild due to the time in storage. Look forward to riding it, hope to see you on the road mate.

·
The Sultan of Bling
1,981 Posts
Aye, I just bought its twin this week!

A colleague of mine bought one brand new, ran it for a couple of yrs, run up 18k kms and put it into storage as he was forces and away for a spell. Long story short, 15yrs later,,,, I come along,,,, nice Elefant! I'll have that thank you very much!
Hope to have it home in the next week or so and start stripping for a rebuild due to the time in storage. Look forward to riding it, hope to see you on the road mate.
Be interested in seeing that so I trust sir will be posting pictures as he progresses?

·
Happy Bunny!
3,097 Posts
Hi Stan,

How did the Spain trip go ?
Stubbsie it was excellent....again !.

Snow and rain this time but we found some amazing roads and scenery. Excellent trip and i'm back there again asap. Love it .:D:D:D.

You go soon dont you ?. Hope you have a superb time mate.

I am waiting for a rely from a guy about an elefant 750 only 8k miles on it....waited a couple of years for this.:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Nice one mate glad you had a fab trip I'll give Paul a bell this week to get the update & pics.

We go in July, now decided to include the Picos Mountains en route to the Bardenas Rerales not long to go.

Always fancied a Cagiva Elephant, when I sat on one at the Road race & Superbike Show at the Ally Pally in 1993, have pics of me sat on one.

A fab looking & cool bike but know nothing about them ie reliability etc.

Send me a pm with your number & I'll give you a bell.

·
Happy Bunny!
3,097 Posts
Nice one mate glad you had a fab trip I'll give Paul a bell this week to get the update & pics.

We go in July, now decided to include the Picos Mountains en route to the Bardenas Rerales not long to go.

Always fancied a Cagiva Elephant, when I sat on one at the Road race & Superbike Show at the Ally Pally in 1993, have pics of me sat on one.

A fab looking & cool bike but know nothing about them ie reliability etc.

Send me a pm with your number & I'll give you a bell.
not paid up on here, Paul has my numbers ( home and Mob)

Cheers.;)

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Sorry Stubbsie, that's not me in ABR. Definitely one of the Ian's though.

Africajim: nice to see another one going back on the road. I have a PDF version of the official workshop manual for the E750 and a wiring diagram, if you need it.

A mine of Elefant info is available here: https://groups.google.com/group/elefantadventurebikes?hl=en

I may well be in touch regarding that manual! It's not home yet but I'll post up pics as soon as it's home.

I'll check out that link, thanks mate.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts