Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:Hi, would one of you 700 transalp owners please have a look at your handle bar clamp brackets and tell me what position the little dimple is on each of the top clamps,
Just had my headrace bearings adjusted at dealers and I am shore that both dimples ( punch marks ) should be at the top on both clamps but i could be wrong, came back with one dimple l/h/s at top & r/h/s dimple at bottom ?
I have a old work shop book for a 600 transalp and that says both dimples to the top faceing forward,
One thing for shore is now the bearings have been propearly adjusted it has transformed the handling,
Thanks,
Ian.

·
Registered
10 Posts
When sitting on the bike the L/H one the dimple is at the top and the R/H one is at the bottom as far as I am aware they have not been touched since coming from the factory. I have never had any reason to undo them and I am sure the dealer who services the bike would not do anything but the basic work unless he could charge me for it.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Both dimples should be at the top (towards the front of the bike), and also when tightening the bolts, you should tighten the front bolts first so there's no gap at the front edge of the clamp, and then tighten the rear bolts, and then just tighten all bolts down to the specified torque - there should still be a gap at the rear edge of the clamp when you've done this, and the front edge should still be closed up. I'd look up the torque values for you - but my workshop manual's at home - and I'm at work.

I imagine that fitting handlebars might well be something that the dealer does when the bike comes out of the crate - so it may be the dealer, and not Mr H that got it wrong...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts