Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellow AT enthusiasts, I wonder if you can help.
I am looking to purchase 2 pairs of Leather gloves from the US, and have them posted back to the UK.

The total cost of the gloves is likely to be $250 ish , plus postage $30 - 50, plus import Duty and UK Taxes £????

Ive done some digging, and have all the classification codes from HMC&E and they have informed me the duty will be 7% of the total cost.

Can anyone help me out ? act as a US delivery address, then post on as "second hand" for a ridiculiously cheap price, so the Customs duty is less bitter ?

alternativly, anyone from the US comming over to visit the UK ? wouldnt mind bringing me a "present" ?

·
Registered
900 Posts
Oh man. My Dad(don't get him started on his Ariel Square-Four) lives in Maine and just posted me a box of goodies for Chrimbo. Could've stuck a pair of gloves in for ya. Sorry.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I might be able to get one of my friends who work on the American bases to get them sent to them there. Cheaper postage as it's an American forces address and "by-passes" the duty. I can ask a few people if you like?

·
Need Constant Supervision
2,495 Posts
Pete Kay said:
Er, should you be discussing this in an open forum?

PK
They surely not watching us :shock:

erhhh hhe he he it's was just a joke what I said the other day about the Queen.... :lol:

·
Registered
21 Posts
calling american friends

can you get the same gloves in CANADA? if so have them shipped to me and i will ship them to you. no problem. by the way why are you byuing stuff in america when you get all THE BEST STUFF ?.

FEE

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the offer FEE... but SouthPark taught me never to trust Canadians ! :lol:

Seriously, cheers for the offer... will bear it in mind.

·
Registered
21 Posts
calling all americans

i agree the canadians are not to be trusted but i am PORTUGUESE. WHERE ARE YOU GETTING THE GLOVES FROM?

FEE

·
Need Constant Supervision
2,495 Posts
Re: calling all americans

FEE said:
i agree the canadians are not to be trusted
It's true the two canadian chicks I ran into at Ayers rock said they would be gentle.......they were not :lol: At least I survived to tell the tale and warn others that two canadian girls can wear you out in a night 8)

·
Complete Member
3,904 Posts
Re: calling all americans

Maverick said:
FEE said:
i agree the canadians are not to be trusted
It's true the two canadian chicks I ran into at Ayers rock said they would be gentle.......they were not :lol: At least I survived to tell the tale and warn others that two canadian girls can wear you out in a night 8)
and what you expect sympathy (more like envy) :lol:

·
Registered
348 Posts
hey i live in georgia and if you let me know wot gloves you want i can get them at dealer cost too!

p.s. im british!

·
skeptical old git
1,734 Posts
jvaughan - were these the Fox Creek gloves? and did you get it sorted?

thinking about it myself, but cost is quite high, and 7% duty plus 17.5% VAT would make them silly money...

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
never did get around to ordering them ... I will be spending a few hundred $$$$ now though since the £:$ rates are sooo good.

Also, spoke to HM Customes and the duty on gloves is only £7.50
If Fat Bloke can "fence" them, open the packaging and mark them as second hand ;) and postthem on marked as "Gift" then I can loose the import duty too.

Also buying a copy of Sled Driver to go with my origional copy of the book too from Brian Shul http://www.sleddriver.com/ now that the exchange rates are favourable.

·
skeptical old git
1,734 Posts
jvaughan said:
never did get around to ordering them ... I will be spending a few hundred $$$$ now though since the £:$ rates are sooo good.

Also, spoke to HM Customes and the duty on gloves is only £7.50
If Fat Bloke can "fence" them, open the packaging and mark them as second hand ;) and postthem on marked as "Gift" then I can loose the import duty too.
Duty isn't so bad, but I think VAT is also payable. So fatbloke's services could be worth a fair bit. WOnder if we can return the favour anyhow... except I can hardly believe anything is cheaper or more easily available in rip-off Britain than the US?

Maybe a combined order would get a better deal of shipping? Let me know if you'd like me to follow this up...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts