Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Calling rickskye and the other ugly one

Yo rick and john:angel5:
You guys remember the campsite we stayed on at the last Haggis run. Does that still exists? Or would you know of a even better one? Must say I did enjoy the site even if the walk to or more like from the pub was a bit of a mission (I think. Everything is a bit hazy)
Pete

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Re: Calling rickskye and the other ugly one

Dunvegan is OK. About 10 mins walk from the village and where there is a pub resturant and a gun shop.

Lowflyer stayed these for a few months while working in the area so he will have plenty of info.

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Dunvegan is OK. About 10 mins walk from the village and where there is a pub resturant and a gun shop.

Lowflyer stayed these for a few months while working in the area so he will have plenty of info.
Cool cheers Gordon but if lowflyer stayed there for a few month I don't think it's safe anymore :toothy2:

·
Deer Dodger
3,199 Posts

Ugly one ???

Moi ???

Kettle black ??? :D:D:D

Pete,

The one we stayed at was in Edinbane, it's still on the go, but as you seem to recollect, a bit of a stagger from the pub ;)

Dunvegan is good, nice facilities and the oldest bakery in Skye is just round the corner -- fresh hot rolls in the morning :thumb:
There are two hotels about 10min walk from the campsite, one good, the other not.
Colin, the owner is a cracking guy and I think he has just recently bought a portacabin that people can use for a get together, ceilidh etc :thumbup:

Where I am staying just now is at Uig which is in the far North of Skye. I's ok, but facilities not great, I'm ok as I am in a six berth van, so self sufficient. The pub is literally 2 mins from the camp site which is a little too handy for me :D

I would go for Dunvegan.

But I won't manage on the dates you are planning you dipstick.:(

Catch you later :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,099 Posts

Do you want a haggis run and how soon?

·
Registered
2,600 Posts

Name a date and I'll be there Rick, I'll make the time! I'm happy to come across, if Dunvegan's it, let's rock!

I'll watch this post with interest. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Ok, Vader has got his heart set on the edinbane camp site, but he aint coming till the sumer.

We could do the dunvegan site earlier, then lowflier can come on that one. Any one else up for it?

To save confusion we could discuss the vader haggis run on the existing thread (in Vaders post)
and if folk want an erlier one, carry on with this thread or start a special one.
Rick

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Name a date and I'll see what I can do mate.

·
Deer Dodger
3,199 Posts
Don't forget, I am working on Skye as we speak :D

Busman's holiday ???? :D
It's getting really busy just now, saw 5 cars on Monday morning :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts