Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When we went to the Elefant rally a few years back our cameras run out of juice very quick. Does anyone know how to prolong batterie life in cold conditions?
Cheers Pete

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
When we went to the Elefant rally a few years back our cameras run out of juice very quick. Does anyone know how to prolong batterie life in cold conditions?
Cheers Pete
The only chance you have Pete, is to keep them warm. Batteries really don't like the cold.

When skiing (oh okay, barely controlled falling down) I would put my camera on a lanyard (usually a boot lace co-opted for the purpose) and have the camera round my neck and inside my clothing to keep it out of the cold. Works a treat.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The only chance you have Pete, is to keep them warm. Batteries really don't like the cold.

When skiing (oh okay, barely controlled falling down) I would put my camera on a lanyard (usually a boot lace co-opted for the purpose) and have the camera round my neck and inside my clothing to keep it out of the cold. Works a treat.
Guessthat would be a bit awkward with a DSLR with a tele lens:toothy2:

cheers lutin:thumbup:
thought about that too but was hoping that there would be maybe a better solution. Not very good for taking quick pics is it.

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Cheers Pete
I've suffered from the same thing in the past but i tend to buy camera batteries from eurobatteries as they are normally only a few quid compared to oem prices and when i go to cold places i just charge 2 or 3 up then keep them on me as spares

Mobile phone batteries, digital camera batteries, camcorder batteries, camera batteries, camera chargers, power adapters, power inverters and lighting from EuroBatteries.

digi-Quick.co.uk - Camera and Camcorder Accessories

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers jason
I probably combine both ideas:thumbup:

·
Administrator
1,783 Posts
Many moons ago, Canon, and I supect others, did remote battery packs for motor-drive cameras for that very reason. You could keep the battery pack in a nice warm pocket, in some intimate region, with just a lead going out into the cold to feed the camera.. A couple of spare batteries kept in an inside pocket is my preferred solution these days.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Stick the camera and lens down your pants. Not only do keep your batts warm but the gurls will be impressed as well!:cheers:

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Stick the camera and lens down your pants. Not only do keep your batts warm but the gurls will be impressed as well!:cheers:
Only if he has a macro lens fitted :) :angel10:

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Batteries in your pocket is the easiest and cheapest, other alternatives are heated gloves left on in the camera bag

Are you going to the elephant again??
Nope found one in Austria. Tauernrally,its up on a skihut :-D Not very big but proper cold and snow

some pics from this year
The Campsite

Cool kitchen

The "Road" up

Only if he has a macro lens fitted :) :angel10:
Bitch:-D

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Is that the one J is making skis for his bike for?
Yep he is doing 2 sets of ski stabilizers :blob:

Looks cosy.

Was this the one you talked to about bringing your "special" friend? :)
Thats the one:-D

Even cosier if his " special " friend brings along a little puppy ;):D
Long story John,you will read about it when we back. Well,when I am back cause I am not sure "Fester" will ever leave Austria again. They got deep cellars:toothy2:
Needless to say that I guess I never have to fill in a application form in again for him. Fool:mrgreen:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts