Honda XRV Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Copied to Original thread

Just spoke to Galloway Activity Centre.

Latest News;

Mrs Clarck; has been moved from a 4 berth to a single room. Fri And Sat.

Mr Corriden; has been moved from a 4 berth to a single room Fri and Sat.

Mr Neil; has a 4 berth bunkhouse with 3 out of 4 placed but for the Sat and Sun.

I was taking a remaining place of a 4 berth bunkhouse with Craig but from memory we were in for the Fri and Sat. (post 4 and 6 in the Camping and bunkhouse thread).
If Craig is Mr Neil I have no place on Friday so have provisionally accepted the possibility of sharing with Mr Corriden ( subject to his agreement of course) as they have kindly offered to put another bed in his room.
This to me still leaves a few questions for others if as I suspect Craig (Mr Neil?) and the other 2 are booked in wrongly still.

·
Craigypops
6,747 Posts
Hi Dougie,

Just read your PM.

Yes, I am Mr. Niel (my friends just call me baldy gob****e though :D)

I telephoned them and they assured me it was for the Friday and Saturday (they're just thick as ****) but I don't tihnk they know their arse from their elbow. I was assured it was for the Friday and Saturday. I conformed the dates and that we had 3 of us in a 4 bed room and that you could have the fourth bed :thumbup:

I just haven't the energy to deal with them anymore on the phone, I'm convinced they just tell everyone what they want to hear. It'll be what it'll be and I guess we'll just have to see when we get there.

I'm planning on trying to get there quite early and I WILL just take a 4 berth room, **** anyone who gets in my way.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
136 Posts
I am amazed now.

How can they tell two people checking about the same bunkhouse two different things on the same day.

I take it you spoke with Laura, cause when I phoned before a bloke refused to say anything saying better talk to Laura as she has been dealing with it all.

ps do I detect Celtic roots?

Hi Dougie,

Just read your PM.

Yes, I am Mr. Niel (my friends just call me baldy gob****e though :D)

I telephoned them and they assured me it was for the Friday and Saturday (they're just thick as ****) but I don't tihnk they know their arse from their elbow. I was assured it was for the Friday and Saturday. I conformed the dates and that we had 3 of us in a 4 bed room and that you could have the fourth bed :thumbup:

I just haven't the energy to deal with them anymore on the phone, I'm convinced they just tell everyone what they want to hear. It'll be what it'll be and I guess we'll just have to see when we get there.

I'm planning on trying to get there quite early and I WILL just take a 4 berth room, **** anyone who gets in my way.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Austin, if not too late to order evening meals could I be included both nights please?
Thanks

·
Registered
44 Posts
Copied to Original thread
Just spoke to Galloway Activity Centre.
Mrs Clarck; has been moved from a 4 berth to a single room. Fri And Sat.
When I spoke with Laura in March regarding the bunkhouse room she explained that they don't put different groups of people in together so I was most likely to be in a room on my own - unless they had a mad rush of visitors.
This is a bunkhouse which don't tend to have single rooms. And I've just copied this from their web site:
Sleeping quarters
The lodge sleeps 20 and offers homely accommodation for groups as well as families and individuals. It comprises of 5 separate bunk rooms each containing 4 beds..

So regardless of the odd story you seem to have been given, I will assume my "single room" actually means I have a bunk room to myself.
The only other explanation is that they've moved us to the cabins which do have single rooms. Perhaps I'll take my tent just in case :)

·
2 bikes = twice as happy
4,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Austin, if not too late to order evening meals could I be included both nights please?
Thanks
Stuart can you contact the campsite direct about this. I have dicked them about over this enough already. They have your name on the list of attendees so you won't be unknown to them.

Sent from my iPhone with a smile :)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Craig, no need to await a mess they will move the other people they had in your/our bunkhouse for the Friday night as well.
After I said you had written proof of the nights being Friday and Sat., they checked their emails, confirmed their mistake and apologised :thumbup: (Keirran).

When I spoke with Laura in March regarding the bunkhouse room she explained that they don't put different groups of people in together so I was most likely to be in a room on my own - unless they had a mad rush of visitors.
This is a bunkhouse which don't tend to have single rooms. And I've just copied this from their web site:
Sleeping quarters
The lodge sleeps 20 and offers homely accommodation for groups as well as families and individuals. It comprises of 5 separate bunk rooms each containing 4 beds..

So regardless of the odd story you seem to have been given,

2 I will assume my "single room" actually means I have a bunk room to myself.

3 The only other explanation is that they've moved us to the cabins which do have single rooms. Perhaps I'll take my tent just in case :)
I have contacted them today and as Laura is off today (Wednesday) Keiran agreed to check the 'booking book' the 'original booking form' of Mr Neil in my case and due to my insistence, persuasion and charm, allied to the assertion that written proof of their repeated error was to hand they finally checked back through all emails to Mr Neil.

The impression I get is that they have got another large booking and they have accommodated them.
They have then moved yourself and Mr Corriden to single rooms to free up space.

So to answer your post Elle;

1 this is the latest 'Official line from Laura. As of yesterday.

2 Don't assume, I have been told that people have been moved (to single rooms)

3 Covered in 2, recon you won't be Sharing though.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Right, can start to look forward to the weekend now, Shock spring powder coated and shock serviced, Spare fuel tank frame braced to new pannier frame, just got to change over the front wheel from the TKC one to the Avon Distanzias (just to get rid of them as they are well dodgy).
Likewise will be good to meet you.:blob4:

21 - 32 of 32 Posts