Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My dad is thinking about selling his 650 Alp and we can't seem to agree on a value of it. Prices for 650s seem to vary a lot on ebay.

Details are below. Any ideas on what price we should advertise it for?

----------
2001 Transalp 650, in black. 35,000 miles, full MOT

Very very good condition, very clean, no marks at all
Same family owner since new
Honda Tall screen
Honda centre stand
Honda side panniers
Heated grips
Always serviced regularly and looked after, recent new brake pads. Wants for nothing

All keys, manuals etc. Garaged and well looked after

·
Registered
7 Posts
My dad is thinking about selling his 650 Alp and we can't seem to agree on a value of it. Prices for 650s seem to vary a lot on ebay.

Details are below. Any ideas on what price we should advertise it for?

----------
2001 Transalp 650, in black. 35,000 miles, full MOT

Very very good condition, very clean, no marks at all
Same family owner since new
Honda Tall screen
Honda centre stand
Honda side panniers
Heated grips
Always serviced regularly and looked after, recent new brake pads. Wants for nothing

All keys, manuals etc. Garaged and well looked after
Paid 1400 for similar couple of years ago if that helps

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
186 Posts
Yeah condition is everything, I would also be looking at spokes, rims, tyres, mileage on chain/sprockets, output shaft condition, head bearings, total mileage on shock, how old is the battery, etc. and would I like the colour :) post some good pic's you might get more opinions AND buying interest.

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
he was thinking a price of £1,800 all-in, with everything. it's in amazing condition. seems like a lot of bike for the money to me

·
Registered
7,707 Posts
Like you say, prices are all over the place but anything priced highish just doesn't sell & rightly so.
The newest are getting on for 10 yrs old & I think anything around 2500 needs to be one of the last, pretty spectacular & nicely specced.

You might not be far off at 1800 with luggage for a nice one.

I just missed out on a nice 53 reg a year ago with luggage, history & about 33k - £1100 on a poorly worded 'bay listing.
Damn that 'vanishing' winning bidder that turned up to collect it the day before I'd agreed to go!!!

I've succumed to the idea that I will end up with another Alp one day!

·
Registered
186 Posts
piguglyshandydrinker; I've succumed to the idea that I will end up with another Alp one day![/QUOTE said:
This must be an additional alp? cos I definitely remember reading on here a year or two ago that you would never part with the 650 you had then :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts