Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there.
i'm new to this forum, and was just wondering a few things. im 19 years old and have saved a bit of money. i have found a road legalised 2001 cr 125cc and was just wondering if at my age there were any restrictions regarding bhp etc.. i hold a CBT license and therefore would have to wear my 'L' plates, but other than that, would it be possible?

Thanks in advance

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Hi there.
i'm new to this forum, and was just wondering a few things. im 19 years old and have saved a bit of money. i have found a road legalised 2001 cr 125cc and was just wondering if at my age there were any restrictions regarding bhp etc.. i hold a CBT license and therefore would have to wear my 'L' plates, but other than that, would it be possible?

Thanks in advance
The answer is i don't think so cr's were motox bikes and normally motox bikes dont have a full wiring loom so you can't wire a horn or lights in. If it has got a working rear brake lights and headlight and horn you should be ok if it hasn't got them then you won't be able to get an mot. A horn you could mount one from a push bike on the handlebars. Also if it doesn't have a headlightyou could get a daytime only mot. I don't know the the current con with the government and bhp limits are you best check your licence for restrictions then read the owners hand book for the bike to see what the bhp should be or do a dyno run

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,031 Posts
You say it's road legalised so there's no issue there. The restriction is 125cc and 33bhp. You should be comfortably within both.

Welcome! :thumbup:
I think you're mixing up DAS with CBT.

It's up to 125cc and about 15bhp if you want to ride unnacompanied by an instructor with L plates after completing your CBT.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hi there.

Thanks in advance

NO, sorry to be short. Get yourself a DTR or similar MTX to keep your self on the right side of the law, too much power. Insurance would also be a problem. Cheers

·
Registered
183 Posts
On L plates having passed your CBT you can ride 11 KW roughly 15 BHP, all learner legal bikes are restricted to this or below (they can be upgraded in the future, but not until you have passed your full test), you could restrict a CR125 to this but it would be unridable and you would need proof of this and even then you run the risk of it being restored easily back to standard 35 BHPish then your breaking the law and your insurance would be void, this model would be dificult to insure for you as it was never road legal to start with (although can be registered as a competition bike) and will not be on the approval list. Hope that helps a bit.​

1 - 7 of 7 Posts