Honda XRV Forum banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts
Discussion starter · #27 ·
Hi all,

Just returned from a trip of the Labs at Cancer Research UK in Sutton, Surrey. It was very interesting indeed and I didn't understand a thing. These scientists are bloody clever people. They took us around four labs
  1. Analytical Technology & Screening Lab :- Demonstration of compound storage and use of robotic equipment for high throughput screening.
  2. DNA Microarray Facility :- Microarray fabrication and use (How they are made, why, what we use them for)
  3. Midicinal Chemistry Lab :- Compound synthesis and purification.
  4. Analytical Chemistry Facility :- NMR (Nuclear magnetic resonance) spectroscopy and mass spectrometry.
Couldn't take photos inside :( but took a couple outside.

Discussion starter · #28 ·
Discussion starter · #30 ·
Hi all,

An update for you.
£941.60:thumbright::thumbright::thumbright:

So what did I do to our £1000.00 target? Raised it another £250.00 ;)
If you have a Paypal account, Justgiving are now accepting that. So after you've had a little read on here get on there and have a look. The smallest amount you can donate is £2.00. Go one, dare you. 20 people at £2.00 is much better than 20 people thinking "Can't afford £10, £20...." £2.00 will be great. Every little helps. You can even be anonymous :cool:

All the best and thanks again for all your support.
Russ

Great cause close to my heart :thumbright: best of luck Guys :thumbright:

Thanks Frad, your kind donation brings that total ever higher :thumbup:
Also a massive thanks to Mr/Mrs/Miss/Ms Anon. You are the first of the £2ers...hopefully the flood gates should now be opened by a rush of others. We are most grateful for ANY donations, no matter how small, they ALL count to help us. You never know, your £2 could be the small gesture that makes a big difference!!!!

Discussion starter · #35 ·
July Update

Hi all,

Just to keep you all up to date. We've got our "lift off" date, Saturday 7th August 2010. And our first day is going to be a bum killing one... 348 miles......... Should be fun though. Takes us to Northumberland.

Both bikes have been "played" with. Chris' one has nice new steering head bearings and mine has had the carbs sorted so now I'm getting about 170 miles to the tank (was getting 120!)

Donations are up to £986.60 (Sooo close :cool:) so again many thanks to those who've donated. And again, those who haven't.. You still got plenty of time to save up those copper's. Just giving's website will take £2.00 and upwards so don't be shy and donate £2.00 if you cant afford anymore. You can even do it annonymously. We've had 1 x £2.00 annon already, so thumbs up to them. Whoever they were :)

Thanks again
Take care.
Russ

21 - 40 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.