Honda XRV Forum banner

Carb Alignment?

920 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Transalfa 
#1 ·
Hello, I'm currently in the process of servicing the alp after a few months of inactivity, done the valve clearances, removed and cleaned the carbs and thats where the problem lies. Upon refitting the carbs they do not sit straight, they are at an angle inbetween the frame when looking down onto them.

What I would like to know is do all transalp carbs sit at an angle? Are the carb to cylinder rubbers left/right specific -I have looked at the rubbers and they look exactly the same, so somewhat confused!

I seem to remember someone else posted the same problem a few years ago, I can't seem to find the post to find the outcome.

Hope you can help and keep up the good work!

Doh its a 1998 600

#2 ·
Being V-twins, the carbs will be parallel to their respective cylinders. As the cylinders are at an agle to one another, so will the carbs be.

Surest way to know is to look closely and see if the carbs are neatly, evenly and securely seated in the rubber manifolds.

If one side is sticking out more than another, they are not in correctly...

HTH.

#4 ·
Thanks for your response people!

Both of the carbs are fully seated home on the rubbers, with no gaps, the alignment tags lined up with tags on the carbs.

The Bike idles and runs completely fine (need to balance the carbs next). It just don't look right with carbs sat at an angle, jus wondered if Mr Honda intended them to be this way?!?

Has anyone else noticed this on their Transalp?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.