Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i am new to this forum ,,

Wanted a Transalp for years ,,finally bought an old one for getting to work on

My question is ,,, can anyone give a quick description on exactly what i have to do do to balance the carbs Please ?

ie: How do i take Tank off (not looked yet have seen people say it's a Pain ?)

Where to connect me guages

Which screw to adjust (is it obviouse thru the air intake ??)

No manual yet ,,didn't get the result i wante from searching the forum

Just want to get this done asap with minimal hassles ,,,

Bike is a 1989 F plate XL600V

Wrong section ,,but while i am here ,,can anyone tell me what year ,,models etc ,,Rear shock i can buy to replace mine which is like a pogo stick ,,(looking for cheap 2nd hand )

Thankyou

Gaff

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
connect the tubes to the vacuum takeoffs,one is obvious,the other is a blanking screw in the other cylinder that does not have a vacuum takeoff (obviously). Can't remember where the adjustment is on a 600,I know you have to adjust the 650 with the tank off and a fuel bottle to keep the carbs fed. If no one posts up a clearer answer I'll dig the manual out of my shed (still packed from the longest day ride) and let you know.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thankyou btbloke

Just wanted to be sure where i was looking at before i got into it all

Don't want to trouble you with unpacking stuff ,,,

Cheers

Gaff

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
tamk off job on the 600 too

looking from the top above the carbs there is a passageway through the air box from the filter this gives access to the adjustment screw :thumbup:

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
No problem matey, raymo's done the necessary,same as the 650 apparently.
Was I right about it only having one vaccuum take off and a blank in the cylinder wall near the intake port you have to remove to screw in the balancer pipe Raymo?

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Was I right about it only having one vaccuum take off and a blank in the cylinder wall near the intake port you have to remove to screw in the balancer pipe Raymo?
yup

the rear take off ( left side is ) is used for the fuel tap.

so you just need to remove the screw from the front cylinder intake and fit to the carb balancer
well done that man :blob:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts