Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Austin's Son
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a trip down to Cardiff my speedo cable broke, happened before so went on yell.com and found a garage, just picked one of the list. They said they would have a speedo cable in stock.

Once I got there, there was some confusion because they didn't stock speedo cables! Turned out the women who answered the phone was the wife and didn't realise speedo's could be run off the front sprocket. Was right at the end of the day and I could tell he wanted to close up. He washed his hands (was the mechanic guy) and dug around and found an old box of speedo cables, luckily they had one that would fit.

Anyway they where dead friendly and chatty and they loaned me tools (as mine where crap!) and greased up the speedo cable for me. Where helpful and only charged me £8 for the cable. Would recommend them if you're in the area.

Oh and I better name the company:
Morgan's
Rear Of 56 Pantbach Road
Cardiff
CF14 1UB
Tel:02920 693309

They don't have a website but they where useful :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Andy is a great guy if you catch him right. he has had plenty of money from me mind after rebuilding my XRs engine:rolleyes:

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
Never met the guy but I've spoke to him on the phone lots as I used to send him parts when I worked in Fowlers, seems a nice 'old school' type of guy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts