Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Carole nash are wising up to the fact that we lie about our renewal prices. they know they offer pound for pound the best cover and know that the bank breakdown is rubbish and that what you get as standard with CN is extra elsewhere. the way i see it if you want mickey mouse insurance go to disney. want a decent tv go sony or want premium insurance go CN!

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Carole nash are wishing up to the fact that we lie about our renewal prices. they know they offer pound for pound the best cover and know that the bank breakdown is rubbish and that what you get as standard with CN is extra elsewhere. the way i see it if you want mickey mouse insurance go to disney. want a decent tv go sony or want premium insurance go CN!
Its not just Sony who make good reliable TV's, Toshiba. Samsung, LG!!!! so why are CN better than say Motorcycle Direct? as an example?

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
just my tuppence worth. New policy with cn 2years ago, £200. 1 year later & 25% no claims £200, this year 50% no claims WITH carol nash... i get an e-mail informing me they can no longer insure me. i'm very confused.com. thought i was being loyal.

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
just my tuppence worth. New policy with cn 2years ago, £200. 1 year later & 25% no claims £200, this year 50% no claims WITH carol nash... i get an e-mail informing me they can no longer insure me. i'm very confused.com. thought i was being loyal.
Let the flood gates open........hope this is what nash4000 wanted!!!

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
Let the flood gates open........hope this is what nash4000 wanted!!!
Ah, nash4000 the one hit wonder...

My guess is that nash4000 works for a competitor of Carole Nash and negative stories ranking highly on Google for Carole Nash is exactly what they wanted. I can't believe Carole Nash would be so stupid as to spam a forum like this themselves.

I could be wrong.

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
Well, I have to admit that I've just done the "loads of online quotes" thing as it's that time of year where my existing insurer has hiked up my renewal thinking I wouldn't notice. After the issues I had with them a couple of months ago where they charged me something like £20 to take a bike off my policy then screwed up my cover leaving me uninsured for business use, I won't be renewing with MasterQuote / BDML Connect. After much complaining about the hassle, they reluctantly agreed to cover the costs of all the phone calls to them to sort it out if I sent in copies of my itemised phone bills showing the charges. All that for £5? Not worth the effort! They lost a customer and get slagged off by me whenever someone brings up the subject.

Well, Just Motorcycle Insurance were not quite the cheapest (by £1.50) but had the lowest excess so I've just renewed with them. Of course, they are actually Carole Nash in disguise. The cheapest was Bennetts but I've heard so much bad stuff from people I know, I won't go with them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i am a former employee of the nash and left on great terms . Just use to really annoy us when some idiot tells us hes fully comp with breakdown and legal on a blade for under £100 who are you trying to kid sunshine. What was the explanation cn gave you when you were told you were unable to insure you again. Being insurance qualified i can possibly give you an explanation. I work for swinton now and bennetts previously so have a inside scoop on major insurers

·
Registered
379 Posts
CN wrote to me telling me they could not renew because I had a pillion on my policy, (I read somewhere at the time it was Aviva refusing to cover pillions anymore?)

So I did the usual phone around to get dozens of quotes, with the extras CN were still the cheapest (but £25 dearer than last year, so I went with them)

The killer for me was that when the email arrived with my documets attached the policy was underwritten by Aviva, I guess it's just a scam but can't see anyway round it so have to accept it.

Why have Aviva not just said that they will insure pillions but the risk is greater so the premiums have gone up?
they have lied to me (by stating to me and in the press) that pillions are too great a risk so they don't cover them anymore, but then decided they will if the price is right.
(Not a critisim of CN directly but Aviva, perhaps Nash4000 can shed some light on this for me?)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts