Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Dont know how many of you have read July edition of Ride but it has an article on bying 2nd hand TAs.

It talks of removing the Catalytic converter for more power, saves weight and improves economy,......... any one done it ???? and what are the concequences :confused:

Cheers Frad

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats what I was thinkin!!!

·
2 bikes = twice as happy
4,354 Posts
Hi All

Dont know how many of you have read July edition of Ride but it has an article on bying 2nd hand TAs.

It talks of removing the Catalytic converter for more power, saves weight and improves economy,......... any one done it ???? and what are the concequences :confused:

Cheers Frad
there's quite a few on here done it, including me, and lots of threads and posts on the subject. Try a search.

In summary it does give a little boost in power, especially midrange, and makes a bit of a nicer noise. It can also improve MPG - but I didn't really see an improvement. If done well it can also make removing the swinging arm a lot easier as you don't need to remove the exhaust.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have done the search and found lots, thanks for the tip, new to this forum stuff !!!!!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts