Honda XRV Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
My 600 was making good progress on the roads in Aberdeenshire over the weekend :) :thumbup:

I have not used it much over the past few years, but am now, as I want a few bikes on the road as my son now rides :p

And perversely I prefer it over the ATs, it has its own understated road presence and looks sh!te.. but is so easy to ride, and will do anything an AT will do...

I am wondering if Honda are going to target the 450-600 Range with a light weight V twin.......:toothy10:

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
this thread reminds me of way back in 1981 when people were wondering if Shakin' Stevens would be the new Elvis Presley my thoughts back than about Shakin' or the cb500x not a chance Elvis was the king of Rock'n'Roll and the Transalp 600 is the king of Road'n'Trail . :laughing6:

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
i was speaking to the owner of rally raid at the ace cafe and he said the CB500X is good because the only 'fancy' electronics on it are ABS, so it's simple to work on and won't cause problems with maintenance/repair in the future

·
Registered
533 Posts
I think the RR CB500X is a great concept. But I'll stick with my CRF250 until Honda release a proper Transalp replacement.

·
Hill Rider
3,111 Posts
My 600 was making good progress on the roads in Aberdeenshire over the weekend :) :thumbup:
Missed this thread . . . . . and the amazing fact that you've actually a) got a bike servicable enough to ride! And b) you actually got out and about on it :D

Be great to catch up Ray . . . . maybe even take a ride out together :thumbup:

Steve T

:cool:

·
Registered
533 Posts
Sadly, I think you will be waiting a while. I think the NC750X is Honda's "transalp replacement"
I think the middleweight market will pick up, KTM are looking at an 800 twin. I think Honda will let the AT hype die down then release a new Alp in a few years time.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I think the stagger crank V twins do not pass current emission standards hence Transalps and Deauvilles dropped, not sure about the custom V twins though.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Yes, it was emissions that killed the Transalp/Deauville. Let's face it, there'll never be another V-twin Transalp - Honda have well and truly committed to the parallel twin now (500, 750, 1000) and have sung its praises for packaging and other reasons. Cost being one they'll be less keen to shout about, but one cylinder head and associated parts is cheaper than two. The best we can hope for is a bike along the lines of the F800GS but with Honda rather than BMW characteristics.

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Missed this thread . . . . . and the amazing fact that you've actually a) got a bike servicable enough to ride! And b) you actually got out and about on it :D

Be great to catch up Ray . . . . maybe even take a ride out together :thumbup:

Steve T

:cool:
ha just got back to this thread too

had a couple of low mileage years :) but getting back into it and no better way than the old TA :blob7:
IMG_3591.jpg

Bike ready for son with Hepco becker boxes fitted, giving it a few shake down runs

AT ready in the back ground too

You up for Party in Alford 4th June :)?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
17" front wheel (not even a 19"), exhaust slung under the engine without even a pretense of protection, very little ground clearance, no screen or fairing. A Transalp replacement that is not! Although the mirrors do look familiar..... ;)

21 - 38 of 38 Posts