Honda XRV Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
We are still a high class mob McV, I will have you know...;-) Well some of us!

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Quite a few of us are still around, flitting between here & Big Trailie anyway.
The cb500x look great bikes, in fact africajims wife fiona has just bought one :)
More than a few migrated to ABR as well, which has improved the quality of debate I am sure..... ;)

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Well Dave, after a year how you getting on with the 500X. Just got one myself and after only three weeks I'm loving it. So light and nippy ,really fun to ride.
Wayyyyyy. Hello Steve. How are you mate? If you fancy a catchup just let me know and we'll meet up.

Yes I've still got the cb500x, been using it daily. Great bike but a little too small for me, doesn't really give the winter protection I need when commuting, so I've bought a Honda deauville which is my main commuting bike now.
I'm looking to sell the cb500 now and then get something else, not sure what yet.

Bloody Hell! You still going Bob? The Versys? Has it been that long? After the Orange Versys I bought a Bandit 1250 (Did my first overseas trip on that, Route Napoleon down to Grasse and back up via the Millau bridge) Then another Versy, black this time. Then gave up bikes and gave the Versy to my son. That lasted one month and I got a VFR800 Vtec. the 3 weeks ago got my little CB500X. Joined the 500X forum and was spotted by Vader who was lurking on there. He sent me a text last night so I thought I'd check in here to see who was still around. Sadly quite a few I see. :lol:
I reckon this is right up your street Bob.
New Off-Road Kit Makes the Honda CB500X More Dirt Capable - ADV Pulse
Now that looks interesting. They have the range on the cb500 wrong, I get up to 300 miles on a tank and never less than 70mpg despite some fast sections on my commute .
Interestingly the cb500 is nippier and livelier than the Honda deauville which has the old transalp 650 engine in.
Might buy this kit to do something different to it.

·
Deer Dodger
3,199 Posts
Good grief, the vicar and Dave s on the same thread :cool:

Well done boys, good to hear from you again, hope all's well

Nice one guys :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Good grief, the vicar and Dave s on the same thread :cool:

Well done boys, good to hear from you again, hope all's well

Nice one guys :thumbup:
Hi John.
Yes good thanks, hope all is ok with you and yours as well.
I do pop by occasionally to see whats going on, but don't post much these days.

·
Registered
12 Posts
i stupidly sold an AT for a new CB500X (got a great price....but) big mistake!!!
on anything more than well paved roads it was horrible - living in North Yorkshire we have lots of potholed unsealed roads and it was depressing! I sold it and have bought another AT and a transalp - both are way better bikes Transalp for local stuff and AT for distance
having said that i went to Thailand and Vietnam having rented bikes (YBF 125 s) and a guy that we met led us around on a CB500X and had his well sorted - on the down side he had spent over £1000 on suspension set up and another sizable amount of money on saddle and other kit
verdict - dont sell an old Honda for a new Honda they aint as good

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
i stupidly sold an AT for a new CB500X (got a great price....but) big mistake!!!
on anything more than well paved roads it was horrible - living in North Yorkshire we have lots of potholed unsealed roads and it was depressing! I sold it and have bought another AT and a transalp - both are way better bikes Transalp for local stuff and AT for distance
having said that i went to Thailand and Vietnam having rented bikes (YBF 125 s) and a guy that we met led us around on a CB500X and had his well sorted - on the down side he had spent over £1000 on suspension set up and another sizable amount of money on saddle and other kit
verdict - dont sell an old Honda for a new Honda they aint as good
In Spain few years ago my son & I rented YBF 125s , as his license then would not allow a transalp , so we both had the same bike... an absolute hoot.. and 105 mpg:clown:

know what you mean about new Hondas v old... but the CRF1000.. looks the part, the CB500 is more of a budget bike as I understand... will be interesting if a wee CRF/AT materializes :D

·
Hill Rider
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I'm going to resurrect this thread some 6 years since I strated it as I've gone and got me a new CB5X (as in BRAND NEW), the one thats got the sensible modifications done, like the bigger front wheel, more ground clearance, 6 gears etc etc etc!
Having spent many hours adding bulk to the bike in the form of rear racks, engine bars, fender extender & hugger, scottoiler, running lights and a home made crud catcher, I've only done 100 miles since the bikes delivery 2 weeks ago (weathers been pants as well :rolleyes:).

Pictures and words will follow, probably on this thread, as time goes by and the miles rack up.

TTFN,

Steve T

:cool:

·
Hill Rider
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
From this afternoons bimble in all sorts of weather . . . in just 60 miles :)

Steve T

·
Hill Rider
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Well, that’s the longest run yet – 235 miles according to the satnav, 240 going by the bikes odometer. Bike well and truly run in and ready for the 1st service

Ullapool & back via not the most direct route on mostly dry roads with only the odd wintery shower, leading to a really enjoyable ride out on the little bike.

Steve T

21 - 33 of 33 Posts