Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
a Salty follower.
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
for sale is my CCM 604 , Used for Green laning but if it wasn't for the knobblies you might not be able to tell (still a pretty looking thing)
Not for the fainthearted, and I'm looking for something tamer to learn the craft on (pretty new to off roading, love it but something like a TTR 250 might suit my needs and some of the local tiny tight lanes)
It's on V plate, has great OEM parts (brembo brakes, Remus can, WP rear sus, Talon hubs, black excel rims ss spokes, renthal bars etc)
You could even turn it into a Supermoto with a change of wheels.

I'm looking around the £1150 mark

Located 5 min from JTN 28 M5 018.jpg 037.jpg 014.jpg 011.jpg

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
Is the fluffy toy included in the price? :)

That's a lovely looking bike for the Money. I'm sure someone will be along shortly to rip your arm off!

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

·
a Salty follower.
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that, my only problem with the bike is my lack of experience! I was going up a steep wooded green lane the other week and gave it the beans and ended up holding on for grim death:toothy5: great fun but my mate on his 250 went up with a lot more finesse.
Re: The toy apparently I'm the #1 dad! (that might have been more than one in the shop# can't all be #1 surely)

·
Registered
756 Posts
I like that Shack how do you find Rotax engine has cam belt been done recently :thumbleft:

·
a Salty follower.
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have some paperwork for maintainance and will check out anything of note for all you out there, last service was done in June around 600 miles ago.
Doesn't leak or burn :thumbup:

·
a Salty follower.
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like that Shack how do you find Rotax engine has cam belt been done recently :thumbleft:
I have a reciept for the timing belt :bom: build quality and parts are putting similar aged machines to shame (including the once mighty Mr Honda) Looking at my options at the moment I might end up keeping her and getting a little braver (people are offering rusty XL250 buckets with a tiny cash top up) need to be sensible here, it's the last bike swap until SWMBO pops the latest and last edition out:toothy4:and the purse strings are tied well and truely

·
Registered
756 Posts
Ok cambelt not big job but you need to no don't want it breaking ;) let me no what you decide :thumbright:

·
a Salty follower.
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
005 - YouTube

First go at youtube, but will give you an impression, if I plonk it on the Bay I'llchuck a link on as well.

·
Registered
38 Posts
FFS. Some please give the shack the money! Get it out of my sight.

I think this bike is fantastic.

Good luck shack.

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
I would really like it but it's at the wrong end of the country.. :(

·
a Salty follower.
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
FFS. Some please give the shack the money! Get it out of my sight.

I think this bike is fantastic.

Good luck shack.
Thanks Martyn, I used to think the same about one of your!
Boris it's prob only £100ish to get it van'ed :thumbright: tis not for the faint hearted when you give it the old go go juice!

·
Craigypops
6,747 Posts
I don't know what the difference is between the 604 and the 644 but i rode a 644 back about 60ish miles for a lad who'd bought it but just passed his test and was unsure about the twisty country roads of Scarborough/Whitby etc... I didn't need to be asked twice and it was a blast, i had it up to 90mph at one point :D and the thing was flying round corners and it was a real `puts a smile on yer face` ride.

It would be a beast offroad as there was plenty of power.

GLWTS.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Try shiply.com to organise delivery. I was surprised how reasonable it could be. 80gbp to pick up this bike from exeter to hertford.

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Thanks Martyn, I used to think the same about one of your!
Boris it's prob only £100ish to get it van'ed :thumbright: tis not for the faint hearted when you give it the old go go juice!
Give me a nearby postcode please and I'll see how much it would be to transport.

·
Last of the Minoans
1,503 Posts
Gggrrrrgghhh. Yet another bike of yours I'll never get to see in the 'flesh', and one of the ones I'd like to buy the most! As Gordon said, we're the wrong side of the UK, but in my case I haven't got the necessary wonga or even time to come down (the AT is still outside with dead indicators and no time to fix them - at least yours work!). Gordon, I should mention Shack is an old and very good friend. If circumstances were different buying this would actually give me an excuse to go down and see him for once. Hmmmphh.

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Gggrrrrgghhh. Yet another bike of yours I'll never get to see in the 'flesh',
Well if you can think of a way to get it up here at a sensible cost you can see it in the flesh. It looks like £250 - £300 is the going rate :(

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
I suppose I could pay Raymo to fly down there and then get the AA/RAC/Green Flag to bring them both home :)

·
a Salty follower.
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Hi all, and thanks again for the nice comments, I've just picked up 4 gumtree messages from a local chap, so I guess he sounds keen:cool:
I'll let you know how it goes.
Hope it's a bit drier for the rest of the country, no fun on two wheels today:toothy2:

Update- Local-ish chap, turns out he is the same fella who had my old XL600R off me a few moons ago (since blown up and being rebuilt by his mate) he should be coming up from Bodmin on Tuesday afternoon, now what's that number for the CRM!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts